New Dahua Tech / Cams coming soon - Wiz Colour?

CCTVCam

Known around here
Sep 25, 2017
Found this on the Dahua website.

News about a new Tech "Wiz Colour". Dahua are claiming full colour at night "as bright as daylight".

The accompanying videos on the page appear to confirm this is they're real video captures and not some kind of special effect:

The left hand video a "thief's doubt" seems to show wiz colour transition at 23 secs

The right hand video "the magical dark shadow" at 44 secs

The apertures are f1.0 but the smaller chip at 1/1.8" suggests dof might not be an issue.

EDIT: On watching the full video, on the daylight bright one, smudging can clearly be seem so it looks as if massive gain or slow shutters are at play to make it so bright.

This would seem to be the obvious chocie for most people on here given the general like for turrets, although the TIOC's might appeal to those wishing to also have a built in speaker:

Reactions: Damon and mat200
I browsed through that before the hurricane knocked me offline. I don’t see anything to show why or how they’re any different than “full color” cams we have now, except they are matching the proper sensor in the 2 and 3 series now.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCTVCam
I wrote about this line 2 weeks ago here on the forum...
they use next generation AI ISP processor and different 1/1.8" image sensor which generates much less noise...
I have tioc-pro (3449h-as-pv-pro) which belongs to WizColor line and it works better that 5442-s3 at night ...

TIOC-PRO are hybrid lights.. they can do both IR and white lights (the same LEDs produce both lights)...

And there is huge list of options how this works..
can be smart illumination - where IR at night is used and it switches to white with human/car motion...
can be classic IR mode... can be white mode... You can even schedule by time which mode are used..
And for each mode SmartIR is available (now it's called Overexposure Remover)..

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 09.20.45.png

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 09.17.38.png
Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 09.17.28.png

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 09.17.46.png

this 3449h-as-pv-pro (TIOC-PRO)..
ordered to Europe by DM to @EMPIRETECANDY

I wrote about this line 2 weeks ago here on the forum...
they use next generation AI ISP processor and different 1/1.8" image sensor which generates much less noise...
I have tioc-pro (3449h-as-pv-pro) which belongs to WizColor line and it works better that 5442-s3 at night ...

The question is Steve what are they really like at night with illumination off, in full colour mode and with 4ms shutter and gain below 50.

I thought these were amazing when I 1st saw them and started typing the thread but then noticed the obvious smudging when the guy on the ground in the camo moved. They're not revolutionary as claimed if the picture is only being obtained by slowing shutter and boosting gain. The only real way to compare them to eg a 4KT, is to switch the illumination off, set 4ms and 50 gain and see how bright the picture is then in very low light ( we already know they're not going to work without some illumination in total darkness given how the 4KT behaves with it#s larger sensor). It would be inetresting to see how these comare with those settings and maybe just 400 lumens of external illumiation eg 6w led as a nearby light source. Also a back to back vs the 4KT would be useful if anyone has both.

The question is Steve what are they really like at night with illumination off, in full colour mode and with 4ms shutter and gain below 50.

I thought these were amazing when I 1st saw them and started typing the thread but then noticed the obvious smudging when the guy on the ground in the camo moved. They're not revolutionary as claimed if the picture is only being obtained by slowing shutter and boosting gain. The only real way to compare them to eg a 4KT, is to switch the illumination off, set 4ms and 50 gain and see how bright the picture is then in very low light ( we already know they're not going to work without some illumination in total darkness given how the 4KT behaves with it#s larger sensor). It would be inetresting to see how these comare with those settings and maybe just 400 lumens of external illumiation eg 6w led as a nearby light source. Also a back to back vs the 4KT would be useful if anyone has both.

I did comparisons to fixed 5442 on ma desk at night (only light from computer monitor) in full manual modes..
with shutter times from 1/250 to 1/1000.. similar gain around 40..
switching 3d/2d NR on/off...

always TIOC-PRO had better better sensitivity, brighter image and MUCH LESS noise..
and this is not only from aperture difference (F1.6 on fixed 5442 vs F1.0 on TIOC-PRO)..
sensor and image processing works totally in different way comparing to that one in 5442..

Now I have installed 8 TIOC-PRO on 4 different houses. Mixed with 5442 (usually one TIOC-PRO per front and one per back of building - to have alarm/siren functionality).. very often TIOC-PRO and 5442 are looking at the same area from different site (left vs right side of building)..

And TIOC-PROs have better color image, generate brighter image at lower shutters time (in full manual modes)..

For me TIOC-PRO is what is missing in 5442.. they did 5442-s3 without changing very noisy sensors..
And I must say hybrid light (plus speaker which works also as siren) is very NICE feature..
All house owners wanted more TIOC-PROs when I configured/demonstrated arm/disarm alarm functionality.. or even simple white light activation for motion at night..

the only downsides of TIOC-PRO are lack of varifocals models.. and low AI functionality (SMD, IVS, simple AcuPick 1.0 - no Video MetaData and AcuPick 2.0)..

ps. I don't use Color4K at all.. too many problems with them...

Last edited:
Reactions: MC1987
I did comparisons to fixed 5442 on ma desk at night (only light from computer monitor) in full manual modes..
with shutter times from 1/250 to 1/1000.. similar gain around 40..
switching 3d/2d NR on/off...

always TIOC-PRO had better better sensitivity, brighter image and MUCH LESS noise..
and this is not only from aperture difference (F1.6 on fixed 5442 vs F1.0 on TIOC-PRO)..
sensor and image processing works totally in different way comparing to that one in 5442..

Now I have installed 8 TIOC-PRO on 4 different houses. Mixed with 5442 (usually one TIOC-PRO per front and one per back of building - to have alarm/siren functionality).. very often TIOC-PRO and 5442 are looking at the same area from different site (left vs right side of building)..

And TIOC-PROs have better color image, generate brighter image at lower shutters time (in full manual modes)..

For me TIOC-PRO is what is missing in 5442.. they did 5442-s3 without changing very noisy sensors..
And I must say hybrid light (plus speaker which works also as siren) is very NICE feature..
All house owners wanted more TIOC-PROs when I configured/demonstrated arm/disarm alarm functionality.. or even simple white light activation for motion at night..

the only downsides of TIOC-PRO are lack of varifocals models.. and low AI functionality (SMD, IVS, simple AcuPick 1.0 - no Video MetaData and AcuPick 2.0)..

ps. I don't use Color4K at all.. too many problems with them...
I dont think you will see vari-focal of these due to F Stop value changing as you go wide to tele

Reactions: bigredfish
^^^^^
This

Or you will but it will suck

Reactions: MC1987
You can do varifocal with constant F1.0... Zoom range will be lower, but it can be done (both HIK & Dahua have Full Colors with F1.0 varifocal ).

Screenshot 2024-10-15 at 11.29.44.png

Also HIK went heavily in a new higher lines (Ultra, DeepInView) into cameras with varifocal for 1/1.8" which starts at F1.2...
Dahua have also models which starts at F1.2 (5x42H-ZHE, 7x42H-ZHE)..

it closes aperture with zoom, but always at any zoom position it will be brighter that varifocal which starts at F1.8 (like normal 5442-ZE)..

Last edited:
Reactions: bigredfish
And it has the old mounting base instead of the silly-looking new one. But does it have animal detection in the IVS?