New Dalhua installed, need suggestions

Reaction score
I am brand new to this, and I just installed (all dalhua) from Andy:
SD49225T-HN

IPC-HFW5231E-Z5E

NVR4208-8P-4KS2 (8 channel NVR)

IPC-HDW4231EM-ASE 2.8mm (Qty 4) (turret cams, starlight)

I have it all up and running, and displaying on my TV just fine, and I have been playing with the settings. Works great so far, but I have a few questions. I hope someone will chime in with some suggestions.

Here goes:
I want to be able to remotely view this system. I have it hooked up by LAN to my router. What is going to be the easiest way to do this? Is there a particular program that works the best? Would I just be remotely viewing and controlling the NVR, just like a regular computer?

I looked at the app, and saw it had been changed to LeChange, and the reviews are beyond bad for it. Is there a different app I could use? I have heard about Blue Iris. Is this an option? I use an Android phone, which would be one of the remote viewing needs.

I also want to be able to view the system via a second monitor. I noticed that the system has a VGA output on it. Would it be simplest to just run a VGA cable to the other location in the house? Would it just mirror the HDMI screen?

Sorry if my questions seem silly or ignorant. This is all new to me. I usually muddle my way through these things. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome,
I suggest you read the wiki linked at the top of the page.
  • You need to install a VPN to safely do this. Your router may have OpenVPN already, that's the easiest and safest. You can then use a program to view your cameras such as with Tinycam pro. This way will not let you see anything that has been recorded.
  • gDMSS plus is still available in the app store, this is what most folks use. Check it out.
  • Blue Iris would be something you would have used instead of the NVR you now have. It runs circles around most any NVR, especially it's phone app.
  • You can also simply purchase a tablet such as a Kindle fire 8 and run Tinycampro on it for the second monitor.

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the response. I will look up all the things you recommend. I already have a Fire tablet, so that might be the easiest. My wife has one too, so that might just work out great.