New Day! New Problem!

Vansmak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well now that I purchased Blue Iris and can officially write direct to disk, a lot of the choppiness that I was experiencing has gone away....However I still get these weird glitches when recording and playing back. I can't figure out what is causing it. I'm running three camera's (two IP Loryta's and one Amcrest Doorbell). Ive attached a clip below and you'll notice the person is walking normally in the video and then suddenly speeds up (watch how to timestamp speeds up) and then suddenly freezes for a sec or two and returns back to normal.....and cars don't drive that fast up and down my street (usually!). My setup is a i7-6700 with 8 gig ram, running a SSD Hard Drive as the main boot drive and a 2TB platter as my storage drive. The CPU usage never peaks past 50%....Any thoughts what I should look at?

I've made all the recommended optimization tweaks except Limit decoding unless required (when that is enabled I can watch the live view timestamp skip around). My cams are all set to 15fps as well as the sub stream and iframe.....and I am running Deepstack for all three cams. The only thing I can think of, is this a deepstack issue with the second object entering the frame around the same time things go sideways?

Settings:

snip01.pngsnip02.pngsnip03.png

I appreciate all the help from this group! I'm slowly learning this crazy software!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try these:
  • On "Video" tab, at 'Hardware Decode", set it to "No".
  • On 'Video" tab, "configure" page, increase "Receive Buffer" to 12.0 MB.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure your antivirus is not scanning your video drive.

Watch your task manager or performance monitor and see what is taking all of the disk time, or CPU time when it slows.

Vansmak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure your antivirus is not scanning your video drive.

Watch your task manager or performance monitor and see what is taking all of the disk time, or CPU time when it slows.
Microsoft Defender is turned off and this machine is dedicated to Blue Iris so nothing else except DeepStack is running on it. The issue is it's not a consistent problem and it's been hard to catch. Just thought maybe someone had some insights or a similar issue they were able to solve in the past. I did go ahead and up the Receive Buffer and I'll continue to monitor....if that doesn't work than I'll change the Hardware Decode to No as suggested by @TonyR . I've learned to make small changes and monitor vs. big changes and break more stuff! lol.

Vansmak

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try these:
  • On "Video" tab, at 'Hardware Decode", set it to "No".
  • On 'Video" tab, "configure" page, increase "Receive Buffer" to 12.0 MB.
That did it! I'll be honest, I never would have thought that HA would have caused all this mess....I initially just increased the buffer but still noticed inconsistencies so I decided to turn off HA and haven't had a single glitch. Thanks again! Much appreciated!

Reaction score
Well now that I purchased Blue Iris and can officially write direct to disk, a lot of the choppiness that I was experiencing has gone away....However I still get these weird glitches when recording and playing back. I can't figure out what is causing it. I'm running three camera's (two IP Loryta's and one Amcrest Doorbell). Ive attached a clip below and you'll notice the person is walking normally in the video and then suddenly speeds up (watch how to timestamp speeds up) and then suddenly freezes for a sec or two and returns back to normal.....and cars don't drive that fast up and down my street (usually!). My setup is a i7-6700 with 8 gig ram, running a SSD Hard Drive as the main boot drive and a 2TB platter as my storage drive. The CPU usage never peaks past 50%....Any thoughts what I should look at?

I've made all the recommended optimization tweaks except Limit decoding unless required (when that is enabled I can watch the live view timestamp skip around). My cams are all set to 15fps as well as the sub stream and iframe.....and I am running Deepstack for all three cams. The only thing I can think of, is this a deepstack issue with the second object entering the frame around the same time things go sideways?

Settings:

View attachment 134162View attachment 134163View attachment 134164

I appreciate all the help from this group! I'm slowly learning this crazy software!
I'm glad it's fixed but also look at the Network IP Camera Configuration. You have "Decoder compatibility mode" checked off. According to the help file the "Decoder Compatibility mode exists primarily to offer an alternative JPEG decoder which may be more compatible with some cameras, at the expense of CPU time. For RTSP streaming, it also causes the software to ignore dropped packets and to proceed with decoding regardless. This may result in more frames processed, but there may be incomplete frames as a result, showing video glitching"

I don't have that enabled on any of my cameras.