New fire tablets on sale at Amazon

Heavyopp

Getting comfortable
Jan 1, 2024
jersey
Just in case anyone is looking for a cheap tablet Amazon is currently having a sale on the current version fire 10 tablet.

Prime members only Price $74.99

I actually enrolled and used my free 30 days of prime for this. I will cancel prime before the free trial period is up.

Anyway, in case anyone is looking...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: CanCuba and TonyR
Just in case anyone is looking for a cheap tablet Amazon is currently having a sale on the current version fire 10 tablet.

Prime members only Price $74.99

I actually enrolled and used my free 30 days of prime for this. I will cancel prime before the free trial period is up.

Anyway, in case anyone is looking...

That's a great deal but everyone be aware, if I'm reading it correctly, that the 46% to 53% price reduction is for a version that displays ads and promos on the lockscreen. You have to pay a fee if you decide later to have the ads removed. :confused:

More info ==>> here.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
From what I understand it’s $15 to remove ads once you have the device. Still way cheaper then the ad free version from the start.

I only want it for viewing BI UI3. There may be a hack using Fire toolbox to avoid the lock/ home screen altogether.
Upon wake up just have it go directly to UI3.

I did fire up the tablet last night after I taped the selfie camera
Works very nicely with UI3.

I’ll get the toolbox app/hack and see what thats all about later today

From what I understand it’s $15 to remove ads once you have the device. Still way cheaper then the ad free version from the start.

I only want it for viewing BI UI3. There may be a hack using Fire toolbox to avoid the lock/ home screen altogether.
Upon wake up just have it go directly to UI3.

I did fire up the tablet last night after I taped the selfie camera
Works very nicely with UI3.

I’ll get the toolbox app/hack and see what thats all about later today
@looney2ns has been running a couple of Fire tablets some time now, viewing UI3:

Reactions: looney2ns
To be clear, the 8 and 10" sizes of the Fire tablets are on sale, not just the 10".
And in my opinion, the lock screen ads are a non-issue.
If you set it up to run UI3 24/7, the lock screen ads never come into play anyway.

If you set it up to run UI3 24/7, the lock screen ads never come into play anyway.

so thats what I am hoping to do, run UI3 24/7 with the tablet mounted on the wall.
Are you running UI3 through the silk browser? Does it just stay running? How are you stopping the tablet from going to the lock screen?
How about power - are you simply keeping the tablet plugged in always?

Some details would be appreciated. I know nothing of android or the fire OS.

Yes, using Silk Browser. Stays running.
Yes plugged in 24/7.
I don't recall doing anything to keep them from going back to the lock screen.

Yes, using Silk Browser. Stays running.
Yes plugged in 24/7.
I don't recall doing anything to keep them from going back to the lock screen.

Sure seems like thats how it’s gonna work. I’ve been running for just about 24 hours now. No issues.

I think I may grab another tablet. It’s just too simple.

Tablets are back to full price but I’ve been running silk browser with UI3 for a few days now with no issues.
haven’t seen the lock screen so ads are non existent.

Last edited:
I've posted this before, but anyone that has a Amazon Firetablet should look at this developer toolbox. [WINDOWS/LINUX][TOOL]Fire Toolbox V35.0

While Amazon has worked to lock down their firmware since 2018 and it's not as easy to do things as it was on the older device, it can still be a helpful resource if you are looking to remove ads, add Google apps, etc. In other words, if you are trying to "De-Amazon" the tablet, this toolbox is probably your best shot.