New Firmware for 5442T-ASE and IPC-T54IR-AS-S3

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, and happy new year.

i'm looking for latest firmware for an old 5442T-ASE i bought years ago from andy :
i don't know if i have the last one but i don't think so.
1704302527144.png

I am also looking for latest firmware for the new version IPC-T54IR-AS-S3

can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

Last edited:

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, and happy new year.

i'm looking for latest firmware for an old 5442T-ASE i bought years ago from andy :
i don't know if i have the last one but i don't think so.
View attachment 181653

I am also looking for latest firmware for the new version IPC-T54IR-AS-S3

can anyone help me please?

Thank you.
If you bought the camera from Andy, then the latest firmware can be found on his site: Download Firmwares

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, it's important to use the right firmware for your camera model. I would not be able to answer your question definitively. Perhaps you should DM Andy for a 2nd opinion.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, it's important to use the right firmware for your camera model. I would not be able to answer your question definitively. Perhaps you should DM Andy for a 2nd opinion.
Yes i don't want to brick my camera, it's old but it works good :) i will contact him, thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What issue are you having that you think you need an update? Most don't update unless the release notes are fixing an issue one has?

Further the newer firmware won't trigger for wildlife if that is something you want triggers for.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What issue are you having that you think you need an update? Most don't update unless the release notes are fixing an issue one has?

Further the newer firmware won't trigger for wildlife if that is something you want triggers for.
Hi, i don't understand if i have some problem with profile day/night (it seems it doesn't switch automatically) and with backlight options.
What happen if i update my camera? i can brick it also with the correct firmware?

Edit : i don't need it for Wildlife, i just use them for perimeter home.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is a known problem that an update doesn't fix.

Yes you can brick it if it is the wrong firmware.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah that is a known problem that an update doesn't fix.

Yes you can brick it if it is the wrong firmware.
Hi,
Anyway if i try to update the firmware of my old 5442 with the firmware suggested by Andy, the firmware won't update, i see the windows with the updating bar, but nothing happen. I think it is a browser compatibility issue, i think that the software camera is old compared to new browser. Also i don't know why Config Tool doesn't see that camera :facepalm:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most of us have found the config-tool to be useless and never use it.

Try good ole Internet Explorer. Yeah we know. It is still available though and is still baked into Win10 and Win11.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Most of us have found the config-tool to be useless and never use it.

Try good ole Internet Explorer. Yeah we know. It is still available though and is still baked into Win10 and Win11.
If somebody need it, create a text with CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true and rename to .vbs, start it, IE will appear :)

i need to install the camera plugin to update the firmware?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If somebody need it, create a text with CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true and rename to .vbs, start it, IE will appear :)

i need to install the camera plugin to update the firmware?
Try it first without the plug-in. If it doesn't proceed, then go ahead and install it.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Also i don't know why Config Tool doesn't see that camera
The one thing I've found that will stop Config Tool from finding a camera is if Multicast/Broadcast is shut off on the camera. Plus there's the annoyance of having to reset the search password before changing any camera settings. "Other segment search" has always been enabled by default for me. Other than these few usage annoyances I've had no problems with Config Tool. I always attempt firmware updates through the camera's web interface. I only used Config Tool for this once when a camera wouldn't update via the web interface, and did using Config Tool. Don't have a clue why.