New forum user and lost....

JPBotta

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been using BI for several years now and have connected 15 IP cameras from various providers.
Normally, I do not encounter any issues when connecting a new camera. However, I recently received a Bullet-Dome Linkage Camera that my friend ordered from AliExpress.
The model is AHC-EFG03-PTZ and the code is AHCVBIVN.

I have tried using several scanners, but none of them have been successful.
Although the camera is visible on the network, Camera Discovery (ONVI) cannot locate it. I am unable to find the camera's setup options.
I would appreciate any help from someone who has experience with this camera.

Thank you and best regards, JPB

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:
The model is AHC-EFG03-PTZ and the code is AHCVBIVN.
Did you enter that code into an app or scan a QR code with an app?
Although the camera is visible on the network,
How do you know this?

Many of these types of cams have an app, you scan a QR code or enter a UID number into the app and they employ P2P (cloud). There is no readily available direct stream and webGUI as they want you to start a subscription to their cloud...viewing may be free but recording/review is fee-based (they want money).

JPBotta

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the answer. With the app, the cam is connected. But I need to connect to BI. Regards, JPB

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A lot of Chinese IP cameras found on ebay and Ali Express use a protocol called VM. There are several viewers you can download, one called VM Eye comes to mind. Assume these are spyware and take appropriate countermeasures, but they may give you the info you need to set up an rtsp stream. Default login is usually admin and no password.

I have had luck sniffing the ip address on these with Security Scanner: Securityscanner – All in one scanner

Reaction score
A lot of Chinese IP cameras found on ebay and Ali Express use a protocol called VM. There are several viewers you can download, one called VM Eye comes to mind. Assume these are spyware and take appropriateBut countermeasures, but they may give you the info you need to set up an rtsp stream. Default login is usually admin and no password.

I have had luck sniffing the ip address on these with Security Scanner: Securityscanner – All in one scanner
But can you then connect them to BlueIris?

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But can you then connect them to BlueIris?
Yes, at least the three or four I've bought on ebay. Once you know the IP address and the login, they come up in BI as generic Onvif cameras using the RTSP info. BI is more catholic than, say, Dahua's various viewers, which I have had no luck using for VM cameras.

JPBotta

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I will try. The cam is on Ip ..68, on my FritzBox
Yes, at least the three or four I've bought on ebay. Once you know the IP address and the login, they come up in BI as generic Onvif cameras using the RTSP info. BI is more catholic than, say, Dahua's various viewers, which I have had no luck using for VM cameras.
Thanks all for the input. I have the camera on the app but cannot find the port/rtsp for this cam. Using the ONVIF device manager, the camera does not exist.
Regards, JPB

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the camera on the app but cannot find the port/rtsp for this cam. Using the ONVIF device manager, the camera does not exist.
Here's a screenshot for one I hadn't had on BI previously. BI couldn't detect it, but Security Scanner gave me the IP address, and once I plugged that into BIband hit 'find', it found it. BI inserted a default password for it, but it had no default password. Once I left the pw blank, BI added it with the settings shown.

Attachments

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just checked the BI settings for the second one of these I had handy, and it took the same settings.

I know I have had this one running with an rtsp stream, but I can't get it to work tonight. Maybe tomorrow when I'm fresh.

JPBotta

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, here it is in Onvif/rtsp:
Thank you, Gimmons.
Unfortunately, non is working for this cam. I got a contact with the support. It says that the cam is not made for BI or other PC soft integration. Only APP!
For my understanding, also on an APP, a streaming protocol must exist. But how to find it?
Just don't buy such ps....

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You might try VM eye vMEye - Apps on Google Play.

It is the app that the sellers of my ebay board cameras recommended. It will tell you the basic info about the stream, if what you have is a VM format camera. I'm always suspicious that this kind of software is spyware, so caveat emptor.