New from Houston

Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone I got up with Andy last night and ordered some stuff. I went with
Dahua PTZ SD49425XB-HNR (1)
Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (3)
NVR5208-8P-4KS2E

I plan to later on add another camera in the front of the house by the PTZ camera. I chose an NVR because I want the auto tracking to work to the best of its abilities. Now I just have to order a screen some cat5 and crimpers.
Another question I have is how do you know where the wires go when you crimp them?
auto tracking.

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
auto tracking.
I’d like to see if it would go back to regular preset once object is out of range. That looks good on the other hand I’ll see how it works out I might upgrade later. I don’t need auto tracking but I want it just to show off. Majority of time it will be focused on one part of my street.

You follow the EIA/TIA standard of 568B which is -

Pin 1- White/Orange
Pin 2 - Orange/White
Pin 3 - White/Green
Pin 4 - Blue/White
Pin 5 - White/Blue
Pin 6- Green/White
Pin 7 - White/Brown
Pin 8 - Brown/White

The pins are counted left to right with the contacts facing away from you and the lock tab on the bottom.

The big key is to have the same pair on pins 1&2 and 3&6 on both ends of each cable. Also, get yourself an inexpensive cable tester just to be able to confirm good connections, end to end.
thanks Ill copy it down

@djernie

That video is wrong. The color coding, pinout and wire twists must be to the 568B standard.

View attachment 58504

View attachment 58505

Thanks, saving the pictures for reference

I was also wondering do I need a POE switch with that NVR? It has the ports so I wouldn’t see need the need for buying one right now. Unless I’m wrong and the NVR doesn’t have POE internally but from what I read I couldn’t find the info. Thanks everyone

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for photos, did you get the other cameras up yet?
Yes I put two more up I just haven’t done the 4th one up yet. I’ve been messing with these settings trying to get the best quality for nights and get a good auto tracking while zooming at the plates. Only having issues with viewing my feed on SmartPSS and webgui so I can’t download directly from there. I can download from my SD card via camera GUI but it only downloads in .dav. So I’m looking for a good program to convert it and still have good quality. I also bought an ASUS router and got rid of the google router which made setting up the VPN a breeze.

Attachments

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The truck that got me on this page and made me decide to put a better camera system was finally recovered yesterday after 4 months. Charged up the batteries last night drained some water in the fuel and did a oil change and it starts right up. It looked like they were in the process of taking out the windshield to swap out the vin so they could sell it. Now I have to find a good tracking system for the truck if anyone has any recommendations.
7F1A3FA8-A56A-4A5F-BE97-31F053AEED30.jpeg8ECBB95F-3434-4176-B5CD-8DF30D92330A.jpeg

Bballejo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is what it looked like before all they took was the bumper guard, wheels and tires, LED lights, radio, PCT Tuner and random paperwork. Luckily the engine turbo and everything else was still there and they replaced most of the parts they took. 01A75758-FCDA-4801-9A41-807ADA6201D0.jpeg