New guy, DIY and Installer

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello, I signed up years ago but looking to get involved now.

I've had multiple systems, and now currently run ( 7 ) 3MP Hik Bullets on a Dedicated I5 Tower with BlueIris4 over a managed 8port poe zyxal switch.

I also install and service alarms and camera systems on my side job which has increased my knowledge and I hope I can help out other users with this.

As the old saying goes, A cobblers kids have no shoes. I've been lacking on my own home security and
want to learn more details about BI4 and properly setting it up for better reliability and performance.

Thanks for the forum, Looking forward to it!

Gymratz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome! That is quite funny to me that you've had an account for 3+ years and this is your first post. I look forward to seeing you active on the forum.

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah it's pretty hilarious, when I went to make an account it said "That email is already in use" I laughed and asked for a password reset haha!

Thanks and I hope so as well. Ive had my hik bullets for some years now. My company has started installing 4k ( 8mp ) camera systems for clients and man, It really makes me want to upgrade but I just can't let go
of the fact that I have 7 3MP bullets so I may add a couple cams but I want to focus on my tower running BI4 and get it properly set up.
The systems we install of course are DVR/NVR based and really are straight forward with much less feature rich options, they just work. But I like the features on my personal rig.