New here.

Reaction score
I'm new to the forums. I purchased a HIKVision DS-7604NI-E1/4 system with four cameras in 2018. I've not until recently started looking at the features on the system. I was prompted to start looking into it because a neighbor caught someone peeking under his garage door at 5:20am recently and posted a video clip of it in our neighborhood FB group. It made me think, I have nothing set up to alert me when someone approaches my house. So, I started looking at the features and options and I found the system has motion detection. Well, that was a total waste because even a small bug flying past the camera lens would cause an email alert to be sent to me. My inbox filled up quite rapidly! I then looked at the intrusion detection settings. I set that up along with the regions and trigger time thresholds, but two of my cameras send an intrusion alert even if the clouds cause a shadow on the sidewalk or patio. I turned the trigger time threshold up to like 10 seconds, and the sensitivity down to 1 and that doesn't seem to help either. I still get about 100 emails per day for those two cameras with those settings. The camera I have on my driveway never sends an alert. I've walked out and stood in the driveway for a minute or two, and then walked around my cars for a couple of minutes and it never alerted me. I tried it with the sensitivity turned all the way up and set the trigger time threshold to 1 second. Nothing.

So, I came here looking for information and help in getting this system to work the way I want it to. Or, at the very least to learn that I purchased a crap product and I need to change it out.

Thanks!

Tom

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

While I do not have your system, and all of my cams are Dahua, I can say that setting up motion can be hard and almost impossible to not get false alerts while getting all of the true ones.

Read the Cliff Notes, WIKI, and check out the link below.

I only have two of my 20 cams sending real time alerts as those are the ones that really matter to me. And then I only have them sending it between 2-5am, which is the hours that perps are most active.

All of my cams record 24/7 continuous and also specific ones are set to detect motion/intrusion in my software (Blue Iris). I do not have them sending alerts. I just check the software for hits.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Reaction score
For night time alarms I rely on a couple alarms.

Driveway I have one of these, and it only goes off from vehicles.

Then I have a couple PIR motion detectors around the place to catch walk up traffic.
I have 4 sensors all going to the same base units and have the base units spread around the house and shop.
How long does a sensor's batteries last? Are there better batteries to use for these type of sensors than plain old Energizer or Duracell?

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
How long does a sensor's batteries last? Are there better batteries to use for these type of sensors than plain old Energizer or Duracell?
I use energizer lithium in them. The PIR (4 x AA) lasts probably 8-12 months the driveway alarm (2 x AA) probably 6-8 months.

The duracell AA I have gotten in the last 4-5 years are sure to leak when they get towards the end of life!

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have these wired to your NVR or Cameras for alerts?
They are wireless back to the base, so not wired to blue iris.
(Place a Wyze camera beside the base and it will set off the audio, then Wyze would send you an alert.)
We have 4 sensors, so have 4 bases, and you can program all bases to go off for all sensors.
Base units in house, garage, shop and barn covers anywhere we would be.
It beeps once for first sensor, twice for second, etc.
Then place the sensors where you want them.

You can get the vehicle detectors in the wired version, and could wire to a camera,
or straight into an interface in your blue iris.

Mike4030

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I see that it sends signal to base to sound alarm and lights. Wondering if there is a way to tap into the base to actually hardwire like a stand alone pir to my nvr or camera.

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. I see that it sends signal to base to sound alarm and lights. Wondering if there is a way to tap into the base to actually hardwire like a stand alone pir to my nvr or camera.
I'm sure it could be done. I think they just send power to the piezo buzzer, so you could tap off of that and figure an interface to your device.
Maybe a small relay to isolate the signal?