New Hik cam issues (LTS rebranded Hik's)

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey all just got a few CMIP3042W Hik's yesterday (4mp Turret's) and went to install one today and experiencing a weird issue. The cam powers on when plugged in a POE switch but then after about 30 secs the red LED lights go off and it appears to power down? I tried hooking the cam up to 3 different power sources (POE switch, POE injector on a different switch, and a separate power supply on the other switch) and still the same thing. I ran the SADP tool but nothing is showing up for ip addressing under a different subnet and nothing is showing up on my local LAN in case it is set to DHCP. The interesting thing is both cams that I ordered are doing the exact same thing?

Am I doing something wrong...it's not my first time hooking up cams considering I have 9 of them currently:)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
but then after about 30 secs the red LED lights go off
That's normal - if you mean the IR LEDs.
I ran the SADP tool but nothing is showing up for ip addressing under a different subnet
That's not normal - but are you using WiFi on your PC? SADP can be cranky if so.
Do you other cameras (if Hikvision) still show on SADP?
It may be worth setting the PC IP address to 192.0.0.128 and issuing a 'ping - t 192.0.0.64' and power-cycling the cameras. (repeat with 192.168.1.128 and 192.168.1.64)
Normal would be just 2 or 3 responses a second or so after power on, with no repeats.
Abnormal would be repeats, or no responses.

Sounds like you need to talk to the seller.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disregard the thread folks....I feel stupid trying the SADP software that came with the camera...big mistake I guess.

Redownloaded from Hik website and worked like a charm...all Hik cams showed up with default ip's of 192.0.0.64 and then I changed to local LAN. Had me chasing my tail for awhile though I will tell you that!

Reaction score
The software from the cameras are usually a bit older than what's available on the website. Should always update SADP (LTS version Platinum IP Portal) to the latest version.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to update...even though the camera is now up and running I can view successfully from web browser on pc but unable to view from smartphone app for some reason (both LAN and WAN connection)?

I did change some info as I always do with my cams like http / rtsp ports but I know I am using the correct info. I have other Hik's and for example I am using http port 7080 and it works without issue on the same app. Not sure what the deal is but today must not be my day I guess.

Reaction score
if you're using the app, you just need to use the local IP and the server port (by defualt 8000. can be changed in Configuration > Network > Ports) for a Lan connection using the mobile NVMS7000 app.

Roman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if you're using the app, you just need to use the local IP and the server port (by defualt 8000. can be changed in Configuration > Network > Ports) for a Lan connection using the mobile NVMS7000 app.
Not using the Hikvision app...I go between IP CamViewer and TinyCam due to multiple camera brands within system.