New Hik firmware 5.4.3

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anybody has already tried the new 5.4.3 firmware for R6 serie ?
Cheers,
jonatha

Last edited:

gringo

n3wb
Reaction score
I had hoped to have fixed up the noisy image, but.... NO !

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone tried the H264+ is it working with live view yet?

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome.

Having lots of problems with these 2342's :(

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone else having the issue where the camera image will freeze for 1 second during a period of motion, then skip the second, causing the image to jump on playback? Ive only experienced this since upgrading the firmware, so was thinking it could be related.

elprebse

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is anyone else having the issue where the camera image will freeze for 1 second during a period of motion, then skip the second, causing the image to jump on playback? Ive only experienced this since upgrading the firmware, so was thinking it could be related.
Are you viewing the playback directly on your NVR or via a (remotely) connected PC, smartphone er something else? This sound like a network/bandwidth related issue, so you probably need to share a bit more in order for people to assist.

Phillip Walker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Both the NVR, and the web based browser playback show the issues at the same point.

I agree those were my first thoughts, just strange how its only happened since updating the firmware.

I might try reducing the bitrate for recordings (16384) back down to 8192, see if that helps anything at all. I only raised the bitrate so high several weeks ago to hammer my old 7608 to try see if it still crashed while testing some dev firmware.

The cameras I am experiencing the issues with are DS-2CD2T42WD-I8, and are running at the highest res, at 20fps

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are seeing it at the same point in both NVR and browser playback so it sounds like it might be the I-Frame issue referred to in thread:

Firmware 5.4.x working with HikVision on bugs

andyblac might have some more information on what is happening with the release of v5.4.4 that he referred to above (Dec 04th).

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
More or less tha same issue, so I left the max bitrate at 16384, 20 FPS, but reduced the quality to medium, was 'Highest' before (during daytime, the cam 'eats' anyway around 16 Mbps, even with 'medium'), now, seems stable even watching the events (motion), before, I've seen the same issue even watching the normal recording in same time window when the event happened.
Even if, to be honest, I remember that the same happened with 5.4.1 too ...
Cheers,
jonatha

glfp

n3wb
Reaction score
I recently uploaded latest 5.4.3 firmware (HIKVISION EUROPE) on a 2CD2322WD.

The "pulsating images" issue is still present ! Hope that next 5.4.4 will resolve the issue !

At the moment I disabled H264+ but I want to use it because, if I uderstand well, it is very useful to reduce the amount of recorder bytes ! Is that true ?

Another question: which is the Max. Bitrare for your video setting ? In case of 2Mb camera, at the moment I use 4096 kbps with 25 frame rate, quality=High and but rate type=Variable. Any suggestion to better configuration ?

Thanks !!

bamix

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The bit rate required will depend largely on the scene. An image consisting mainly of a white wall will consume far less bandwidth than a busy scene with lots of traffic movements and etc. VBR and MBR (Variable with a cap) are probably used more widely than CBR. If you can set a Maximum Bit Rate cap then the guide published by HikVision will be a good starting point. Over and above that, you also need to consider network capacity and storage requirements when setting your limits but that will usually lead to reductions in bandwidth use. Hope this helps as a starting point.

glfp

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the link and your suggestions !

In your experience, there is a very good quality increment between 12288, 8192 or 4096 kbps ?
My scene have very low movement and with 4096 kbps I'm quite satisfied by image quality ... but I think that with more kbps I'm not able to understand the difference/advantage in quality ....

Thanks.