New Hikvision 8MP and motion alerts

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Hikvision Cameras and some of my 4MP bullets I updated the other day to latest 5.5.3 Firmware and lost all my Motion Alerts in blueiris (seems to be a common problem I think in 5.5.0 and up). I currently use internal camera motion settings to record any movement then use BI motion to do alerts only on larger confirmed objects.

So my question is if this doesn't work on 5.5.0 and up will it work on any new cameras I buy (DS-2CD2185FWD-I)? I was looking at changing out some of my bullets for Domes (due to webs) and also upgrade to 8MP images at the same time.

I'm going to attempt to downgrade my Bullets (DS-2CD2042WD-I) to maybe 5.4.5 using some of the instructions on the forum to go backwards.

Thanks,

DognamedTank

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a few Hikvision cameras running 5.5.0 and it took a bit of trial and error to get the cameras to trigger in BI using the camera motion settings like my Hikvision cameras running 5.4.3. I'm not sure which of the settings was the magic setting, or if they are all needed, but I first made sure ONVIF was enabled on the camera (Advanced network settings, Integration Protocol). In BI, I used the Find/Inspect to configure the camera (using same username that the camera has for the ONVIF profile), and then enabled "Get events with PullPointSubscription". The other settings on the cameras I left the same as the 5.4.3 settings that were working/

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well i feel stupid, but i didn't know I needed to create a new user and pass for ONVIF. I had tried most if not everything else you menchined and had ONVIF on but when you said that user for ONVIF i looked and went over everything and I now have it working. Thanks for your help!

JIM