New Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 / P8 beeps tortured

Reaction score
Hello friends,

I've had a new NVR Hikvision DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P for a few days. It was new and originally packed.
However, I had to notice a strange beeping in operation, could you please tell me whether this is normal or if it has to sound different?

To me it sounds like the sound (the beep) is tortured and scratches easily. The system too, for example the sample code for logging in, is jerky. I don't know that from my little 4-channel DS-7604. Here it is a clear short beep and as far as everything is fluid.

However, there is no HDD installed at the moment, maybe that will have an impact?
The installed version on the 8channel NVR:
3.4.107 Build: 190927

According to the Hikvision website, the current loadable is only 3.4.104 B: 190128

Is it the version or is the NVR damaged?

Many thanks for the help. :)
Alex.

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
From Hikvision website....... "In the DVR/NVR local interface, go to Menu / System configuration / Exception. Go through the list of exception type. Select each exception type and un-check AUDIBLE WARNING if it is checked for that exception. If the unit stops beeping, then the current exception selected is the cause of the beeping."

The beeping you are hearing is an audible alarm. It can be activated for an exception, as stated above, like no hard drive connected. It can also be activated when an actual camera alarm is tripped too.

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Like coney27 said, with Hikvision recorders you'll always get that beep at first. You'll need to uncheck the disk error audible warning.
If you have installed a hard disk, then you need to go to the recording menu and initialize the hard disk.

Reaction score
Thank you both for the prompt message with the procedure for temporarily deactivating the sound.

My main question, however, is still whether this sound is so okay, that is, sounds so distorted / tortured with this NVR generation? Almost a screech ...
The sound of my small 4 channel recorder (beep) is clear, short and energetic ...
I noticed this immediately after switching on .... The only question is whether this is okay or if something is broken with the recorder (software side?)
Even when entering the unlock pattern, it feels more jerky on the new recorder than on the older one. :idk:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you actually tried testing the NVR to see if it works properly with a cam connected? I wouldnt be losing sleep over how the beeping sounds.....

Reaction score
Hi there.
Yes, you are right. Now I wait for the hard drive to come in, install it and connect the system, and then I'll see how it works. At the moment it was just a test and set up the basic data.
Will see how it works when it is ready for use, then I will report again briefly.

Thank you very much :)

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
i have the 16 one. i had the same problem. you can not disable it. you have to install a harddrive to stop the beeping. it does not work without and beeps continously. even when you uncheck the harddrive beep warning it doesnt stop. it must be a firmware fault. just install a hdd

munkiep

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, that is how it typically sounds. It is terrible, sounds like equipment is dying a horrible death, but its normal. I have the same Hik NVR as you, and a DS-7604-NI/K1 and they both make that exact sound when no HDD is installed, makes me cringe.

Last edited:

teemu81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds strange, we always remove the beep on hikvision recorders if they don't have an hdd installed.
The trick might be there's two exceptions where you need to remove the audible warning, both "Hdd error" and "record exception"