voltron81

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have to search for it.
May I ask why?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm running on a DS-7616NI-E2 8P with version 3.3.4. Is it recommended that we upgrade to 3.4? Always leery of firmware updates when things are working! If I do, does it reset everything to default values or maintain all settings?

Should also add that I am running all DS-2CD2142FWD-IS cams.

Edit: Updated it, no issues. Haven't really notice anything different with 3.4 vs 3.3.4 ...

Last edited by a moderator:

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone getting language mismatch with their hacked Chinese cameras with 3.4? I want to upgrade but don't want to $&?$ myself. Also, any issues with downgrading back to 3.3.4 if i need to? I think I read Hikvision made it so you couldn't downgrade.

shai

n3wb
Reaction score
the download link seems to redirect to an european hikvision website. is there much difference between the"euro" version and the international version?

thanks

shai

n3wb
Reaction score
I was actually excited to test this out and now I'm just frustrated, this is just my experience, so yours may differ.

I have a 7608NI-E2, I initially upgraded through the web interface, but after activating it in iVMS-4200, I couldn't turn on DHCP or update the network settings. So I TFTPed the firmware, but then none of my cameras would connect (I should mention all my hardware is western region). So I ended up TFTPing the camera firmware again as well, and that finally worked.

So I set it up and naturally the first thing I test is email notifications for line/intrusion detection. I trigger the line crossing, email is sent, no attachment. I trigger it a few more times with the same result. A few more times after that and I don't even get email notifications anymore. Now some other issue has come up and I can't even view the stream from the web-interface.

Maybe someone else who has a bit more patience can investigate this further, but this firmware has been nothing but frustration and disappointment.
i am experiencing the same issue. have you managed to get the email notifications working again?

littlebandit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was actually excited to test this out and now I'm just frustrated, this is just my experience, so yours may differ.

I have a 7608NI-E2, I initially upgraded through the web interface, but after activating it in iVMS-4200, I couldn't turn on DHCP or update the network settings. So I TFTPed the firmware, but then none of my cameras would connect (I should mention all my hardware is western region). So I ended up TFTPing the camera firmware again as well, and that finally worked.

So I set it up and naturally the first thing I test is email notifications for line/intrusion detection. I trigger the line crossing, email is sent, no attachment. I trigger it a few more times with the same result. A few more times after that and I don't even get email notifications anymore. Now some other issue has come up and I can't even view the stream from the web-interface.

Maybe someone else who has a bit more patience can investigate this further, but this firmware has been nothing but frustration and disappointment.
Having the exact same problem with the email alerts.

I had some issues with the NVR messing with the camera network settings but this was more to do with the features introduced in the firmware. Firmware updates the camera IP and turns off DHCP but doesn't update the gateway which locks you out.

All my hardware is european too, purchased direct from a UK authorised reseller