New Hikvision user: some question

mtguido

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, i have just installed a new hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW, linked by PoE and used also on a Nas Qnap. I have some questions about it

1) The camera has also a microsd installed and from is bakchend i register on it. Is possible to connect and see files on microsd trough network? How?

2) I set up camera to register on motion. To do that I set in registraztion calendar all week by event. And in event I set up motion and flag icon "activate registration" in link section. Now seem it works. Is it the correct way to register on motion?
Because I see that in the calendar is possible to direclty set all week on "motion". Whats is the difference?

3) I can't find where configure how to save data. Now is registering on motion, but when microsd will be full? where I can set to overwrite old data?

4) On Local->Live view parameter protocol i have to put: TCP, UDP, MULTICAST OR HTTP?

Thanks

Last edited:

mtguido

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone can reply me?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, i have just installed a new hikvision DS-2CD2442FWD-IW, linked by PoE and used also on a Nas Qnap. I have some questions about it

1) The camera has also a microsd installed and from is bakchend i register on it. Is possible to connect and see files on microsd trough network? How?

If you're recording to the NAS don't record to the SD card, or maybe I don't understand.

2) I set up camera to register on motion. To do that I set in registraztion calendar all week by event. And in event I set up motion and flag icon "activate registration" in link section. Now seem it works. Is it the correct way to register on motion?
Because I see that in the calendar is possible to direclty set all week on "motion". Whats is the difference?

Are you viewing the cam via the web GUI or IVMS or ?...

3) I can't find where configure how to save data. Now is registering on motion, but when microsd will be full? where I can set to overwrite old data?

Again, this depends on how you're reaching the cam. On the web GUI for the NAS: Configuration>Storage>Storage Management>Net HDD. For the SD card (I think): Configuration>Storage>Storage Management>HDD Management

4) On Local->Live view parameter protocol i have to put: TCP, UDP, MULTICAST OR HTTP?

If you're on a PC use TCP, the Mac WebComponents only works with UDP currently.

Thanks

mtguido

n3wb
Reaction score
1) I want to record on both, Sd and NAS. Anyway is possible to get into microsd folders like by samba?

2) I'm talking about HikVision configuration, accessing from ip of the camera. But maybe I solved the problem. I had flag the voice in Event-movement-link on the third column "activate registration". Is it right method to record on moviment?

3) I get in that position (Configuration>Storage>Storage Management>HDD Management) but over there it only say to me maximum capacity of microsd and how many reserve to video and how many for picture. Aren't some option to set what do when microsd is full, or set how many days have to keep on memory, ecc.?

4) I am on Windows 10, but I used also the camera from Qnap Nas ts-212 with surveillance station. So TCP, UDP, MULTICAST OR HTTP?

Thanks for the reply

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1) I want to record on both, Sd and NAS. Anyway is possible to get into microsd folders like by samba?

I've never done this, hopefully someone here can.

2) I'm talking about HikVision configuration, accessing from ip of the camera. But maybe I solved the problem. I had flag the voice in Event-movement-link on the third column "activate registration". Is it right method to record on moviment?

I think Google Translate is not helping us here. In Coniguration>Event>Basic Event>Motion Detection: Click "Enable Motion Detection" Then Draw your motion Grid. Then "Arming Schedule" and set your schedule. Then "Linkage Method" click "Upload To FTP/Memory Card".

3) I get in that position (Configuration>Storage>Storage Management>HDD Management) but over there it only say to me maximum capacity of microsd and how many reserve to video and how many for picture. Aren't some option to set what do when microsd is full, or set how many days have to keep on memory, ecc.?

I can't help with this.

4) I am on Windows 10, but I used also the camera from Qnap Nas ts-212 with surveillance station. So TCP, UDP, MULTICAST OR HTTP?

TCP

Thanks for the reply

mtguido

n3wb
Reaction score
About number 2 i see that in "linkage method" there is "upload to ftp/memory card" in first column "standard linkage" and also "activate recordings" in third column. Actually I have flagged "activate recordings". What is the difference between this two options?

Waiting for reply on question 1 and 3 from other users.. Thanks!!