New Hikvison Plug and Play Problem

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi To All,

New to the forum and would appreciate any help that you can give me...

I've been working all day trying to get a new Hikvision NVR to recognize some also New Hikvision cameras. Long day with no luck so far!

Anyway, NVR is DS-7608NI-E2/8P, software version V3.4.90,
Cameras are DS-2CD2142FWD-I, software version V5.4.3.

Both of these versions seem fairly up to date, so I'm confused that there's no luck whatsoever with plug and play recognizing any of these four cameras.

The NVR password is activated and from what I can tell it seems to have assigned the same password to the cameras, but the yellow warning "triangle" on the camera management page says "User Name or Password is Wrong" when I click on it.

Any help is certainly appreciated...

Tony

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you reset cameras and NVR to defaults just to make sure? All of the dahua cams I have bought needed to be reset because I guess they are tested before they go out and nobody reset them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the response...

I was able to reset the NVR to factory defaults, but am unable to reset the camera.

If I plug the camera directly into the router and then run SADP Tool to find the camera IP address, I'm getting only the DVR address.

Is there another method for reset?

Thanks,

Tony

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also just discovered the virtual host feature on the NVR. The camera management page also shows "Offline (User Password Error)".

Tony Simmons

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, continuing to work on this. I am now able to get SADP to recognize the camera IP address on the router.
Have gone to the webpage for the camera interface, but can't log in.

Long Day and Night!

Back tomorrow...

Amargahir

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, continuing to work on this. I am now able to get SADP to recognize the camera IP address on the router.
Have gone to the webpage for the camera interface, but can't log in.

Long Day and Night!

Back tomorrow...
Hi there,
how did you make them available in SADP? i see only NVR and all of my Cams are offline in NVR due to password issue.
Please suggest.