New HTTP Cammand

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For those who use a home automation system like I do (Vera) to automate BI, there is a new HTTP command to toggle motion triggering. Available in the latest update.

/admin?camera=cam1&motion=0 or 1

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
You can turn the motion detector on and off using the JSON interface (see the section by that name in the Blue Iris help file). The camconfig command is what you want. Unfortunately using the JSON API is a lot more complicated than just making a simple web request, so I am not sure how easy it will be to automate in the Vera.

Bill Scruggs

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks bp2008

I have never worked with JSON so I would not know where to start. The web requests work great for PTZ and triggering!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well basically instead of doing a simple HTTP GET to /admin?camera=cam1&motion=0

you would have to do HTTP POST to /json

and send this payload:

{"cmd":"camconfig","camera":"cam1","motion":true,"session":"your-session-string"}

This would be easy enough if you can use the linux "curl" program on the Vera. The tricky part is the session string. I'm not sure if you can use this command without providing a session string (allowing Anonymous access, and making the Anonymous account an administrator MAY or MAY NOT be enough).