New Huisun Mini PTZ - No Video

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey All,

I just got my Huisun 10x PTZ from AliExpress today, E-Packet. It only took 2 weeks... not too shabby.

However, when I plugged it into my LTS NVR (LTN8716-P16) I get no image (video loss) and the system isn't recognizing the camera. The camera does its self test and rotation but the NVR doesn't seem to know what to do with it.

I was assuming Plug N Play them tweak... What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked by plugging it into a computer first? Lets isolate a working cam first.

acvb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Look with SADP also... port settings, user name, password.

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@alphawave7 Awesome idea but I don't have an external power supply to run it independently.... hrmmm

What is the default user/pass for Huisun?

Out of curiosity, if I can just plug it directly into the RJ45 on my laptop -- how do I browse to it? I apologize for my lack of expertise so far ;) I'm working on it

Last edited by a moderator:

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
search for default login and ip address info of the camera.
Assuming yor NVR doesn't have builtin POE disconnect network cable at NVR and plug it into laptop.
open IE and enter ip add ress

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you will have to change your laptop Ethernet connect address to a range within the default of the camera

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you checked by plugging it into a computer first? Lets isolate a working cam first.
So I got my 12v power adapter in today and I followed the instructions from the link @Chust shared(thanks man). I connected the Cam directly to the Router and powered it with the adapter. I found the IP with SADP. (192.168.0.99)

However, when I pop that into my browser, on the computer, it just spins and spins and then times out. I tried adding the management port of :8000 NADA...

Guys, please let me know if I'm missing something or if this is simply confirmation that I got a dud..

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hook it up directly to your computer and run SADP. Change the IP manually to be on your LAN and reboot cam, check and confirm new IP then try its final LAN connection.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hook it up directly to your computer and run SADP. Change the IP manually to be on your LAN and reboot cam, check and confirm new IP then try its final LAN connection.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Ok, however, I'm not seeing it on SADP when I connected it to the laptop.

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm modifying the IP settings on the Laptop and trying again... standby

Blender

n3wb
Reaction score
You shouldn't have to hook to your laptop, just get it back to where you see it on SADP. Then you can set its network IPs via SADP to be on your local network, the default password is admin. Fill that in the password box under where you set the IP addresses and hit save. That should do it.

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Matched the laptop network (first three octets) to the cam, no luck. I believe it's a brick... unfortunately, as it won't even do the power cycle it did when I first plugged it in.

Creating a dispute.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
That sucks @Alphax! How's the rest of your equipment doing? All Installed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah, bummed. I was really looking forward to using this badboy.

So far so good, thanks for asking @zero-degrees! We ended up getting 4 cams permanently mounted (the patio cam(5) is still temp mounted looking out the back sliding door on a GoPro mount :cool:)before Christmas Eve and then I drew the line and spent the rest of the time with the family. 4 left! I pre-wired the runs so it'll go faster next time but I just need to get a day or so off work to make it happen. It took a lot longer than I thought but I'm pretty meticulous and not a professional installer so it's slow going with those awkward small eaves we have. Either way, loving the system and can't wait until it's all up and running!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Aw man! Bummer indeed! Keep us posted on the progress of dispute and how it transpires. Curious, have you opened/accessed the innards and look for any anomalies?

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will do.

Monica Wen has already asked me to test a few things and try some troubleshooting options in reply to my message to her last night (I opened a separate actual dispute as well). However, those were options I had already tried... it's a paperweight, unfortunately.

Nope, I didn't disassemble as I do not want to void any warranty or replaceability with the dispute.

Chust

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know!!! Keep us updated!!!

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Will do.

Monica Wen has already asked me to test a few things and try some troubleshooting options in reply to my message to her last night (I opened a separate actual dispute as well). However, those were options I had already tried... it's a paperweight, unfortunately.

Nope, I didn't disassemble as I do not want to void any warranty or replaceability with the dispute.
Good deal...you can ask Monica directly if opening the cam further (than adding an sd card) to check connections will void your warranty...if it is indeed a loose/popped connector, they might want to know about it so they can remedy current cams before shipping. :)

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good point. There's a bit of a language barrier but let's see what I can find out -- I'll let you guys know.