New Huisun Mini PTZ - No Video

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Good point. There's a bit of a language barrier but let's see what I can find out -- I'll let you guys know.
I am not sure you tried that yet or if it's related to the issue you are having, but someone said in the other thread that he opened the cam and found out the cable was loose.

Alphax

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
**Update**

Forewarning, frustrated rambling ahead:

Monica I have I been going back in forth nearly every single day since 1/5....

As I mentioned before... there's a language barrier, obviously, but now it's just getting silly, see below.

Monica continues to take me in circles as the clock ticks down for my dispute. Asking for more pictures of the failed pings after I already provide her detailed pictures of my attempts to connect to the camera, advised of my IP settings matching the IP range of the cam, and shots to demonstrate that it will not respond back as it is a paperweight, sadly... The latest development today is that now she's saying my PING screenshots aren't valid because I didn't add the (-t). (-t only allows the ping to continue until you halt it.. it has nothing to do with success). However, I sent her ANOTHER failed ping list screenshot (27 of them) with the -t now, to hopefully satisfy.

As I'm sure you've deduced so far, they continue to refuse a refund and continue to ask for more evidence... including screenshots of the configuration page for the camera (from IE) showing which IP and settings I have on the camera. However, we have(at least I thought it was fairly clear after a week of this) established that the camera cannot power on... so how can I share screenshots of me logged in and what the configuration settings on the camera are? They also want me to send them a video of how it doesn't work.. I guess of me plugging it in and it not running it's self test. Fair, however, you can only upload pictures once the dispute starts and they don't allow outside sources (youtube etc.). Interesting they require a video to prove my case when I can't upload one.

Monica has already said that if I do send it back (I've asked for the address three times and she won't provide it) they will try to test themselves and if they can't get it to work they will "TRY" to refund.. I'm also responsible for the charges to send it back to China when it arrived DOA...

Not happy -- I'll keep you posted.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Alphax...disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. I think you will find the return to be prohibitively expensive, and think you will likely use AliExpress to come to some arrangement for some compensation, rather than for you to suffer further expense. This, again, is one of the reasons why I complain that we should be buying these from Amazon. They pretty much allow just about anyone to have a storefront, but I have never been left holding the bag due to their policies, and the vendors that have screwed me over are no longer on Amazon..I can say I've run out several, although I don't know AMZ's threshold before they shut them down..apparently a lot less than AliExpress. If anyone, both legitimate and otherwise, can open an AMZ storefront with ease, it confounds me why Huisun is not selling there...it's actually now a warning sign, and you are not the first to get a DOA widget from Huisun, and have met with obstinance by their salesperson. Huisun will lose their lustre with this behaviour. I'd recommend folks wait until a supplier stateside, with actionable policies, secures and sells these cameras...especially if they're risk averse. :| Appreciate any updates, Alphax!

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that Monica is not professional. Just to sell you tell lies and then when you need care that does not cover the purchase of another product, not responding or pretends not to understand.

They have to be careful because there is now also imporx that have the mini PTZ.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is "normal" for Ali sellers. I have been shopping there for 5 years and had to deal in number of occasions with defective or wrong item in similar fashion. For items under $10, I have gotten full refund but above that has been partial. In any case I would provide as much evidence as I can for this defect and escalate to Ali support.