New install suggestions for low light area

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wish there was a way to trigger BI to record on humans in the area and not just any movement
There is the ONVIF trigger Sebastiantombs mentioned. You could also try SmartSentry.ai which is $5 a month and very very good.

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I added more cameras and I have to say the iPC-T5442TM-AS kicks ass. The picture below shows an extremely dark area without using the IR. You can see my other camera's IR in the left pic. The neighbor also has cameras and you can see his IR on the other side of the fence on the right pic.

1592920401104.png

I would not be able to walk in this area at night with some light.

I have 5x iPC-T5442TM-AS, 1x 2MP varifocal, 2 old dahua 2100 bullets. The old cameras are more of a deterrent as they suck at night. But they provide some IR and nobody will know they suck looking at them ;-)

Kn10

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I added more cameras and I have to say the iPC-T5442TM-AS kicks ass. The picture below shows an extremely dark area without using the IR.
Make sure you walk through the area without IR to test. There is a decent chance that whoever walks through it will be ghosted to oblivion and totally unidentifiable. Good nighttime stills is one thing, good nighttime motion is another.
I suspect you wont be able to get away with no IR for motion at night.

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Pretty much what @Kn10 said. The camera defaults are awful for motion at night. Still pictures looks great but good luck with a facial ID with motion without adjusting the shutter to a faster speed (1/125).

paarlberg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I will do some tweaking this week, just got the last 4 installed over the weekend.