New IPC-T5442TM-AS is already crapping out?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
When the cam is behaving itself substreams work fine just like Live view. When the cam locks up even the Config Tool doesn't see it sitting there. I use either Pale Moon or IE with the Active X pluggin. Works great on all the cams plus this problem one when it's behaving itself.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have a 12V 2A adapter to test the camera? If the camera still have the same problem, just replace one for you.
Andy, I'll send you an email so we can get this defective one back to you so that you can send a replacement. Thanks!

Reaction score
@Sybertiger - I had huge problems with my T5442TM-AS also. Probably a little more severe as not only would the camera act like yours, but it would also cause other cameras to disconnect from the network on an irregular basis.

Here is what resolved all my problems with this: Note this is the firmware I used (V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18 )

1) Before applying any firmware, factory reset the camera via the web interface of the camera itself. Forget about using the Config Tool, connect directly to the camer via a web browser.
2) Apply whatever firmware you want to use, and reboot the camera. Do all this by only connecting directly to the camera, via a web browser.
3) After it reboots, do another factory default reset, and let it reboot again.

After I did all this, no more issues with the camera.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
But, weren't those problems that showed up after you did an firmware upgrade from an older version to the latest (V2.800.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2019-11-18 ) AND they the problem was immediately apparent? The cam I'm having a problem with came from the factory with the latest firmware AND it was working fine for the first 4 or 5 weeks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine were the bullets with the bad firmware that broke IVS and SmartIR

that firmware also produced drops from the network for no reason. I’m not using the very latest fw I don’t think, lemme check, but the trick was what @weigle2 mentioned, it took 3 reboots and factory settings for mine to settle down

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I tried that process again and no dice. The cam is in and out of a coma. Seems like 4 or 5 weeks was the burn-in time on this one before something internal started to fail. Could be the power circuit or Ethernet controller.

I recall back back in the days when I was doing systems design we had designed in an Intel ethernet/communications controller chip. When we got our first production PCBs the ethernet controller on the 50 or so boards we ordered were behaving erratic as hell some were overheating, some putting out the wrong timing, etc. We must have screwed around for three weeks in the lab trying to figure out where we went wrong and got Intel involved to find out what their chitty ICs were doing. It turned out our manufacturer in Hong Kong didn't take environment precautions for moisture control and when the PCBs went through surface mount reflow the subtle amount of moisture turn to steam and damaged the internals in weird ways.

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine were the bullets with the bad firmware that broke IVS and SmartIR

that firmware also produced drops from the network for no reason. I’m not using the very latest fw I don’t think, lemme check, but the trick was what @weigle2 mentioned, it took 3 reboots and factory settings for mine to settle down
That kind of tell me their firmware burn algorithm is slightly off if you have to burn and re-burn for it to take in the flash memory....kind of like it's not fully taking the bit/byte programming. Or there's a subtle timing issue with their communications protocol to the flash circuit.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I wonder if @EMPIRETECANDY is okay as I sent multiple email to him asking to get this cam replaced but I haven't heard back after a couple of weeks. Hope everything is okay in HK as I know China has Corona Virus lockdown in places.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Sybertiger this sounds similar to issues I am having same camera. Did your cam have poe but no network light making it unreachable?

Mine seems to be dropping at least once a day.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
@Sybertiger this sounds similar to issues I am having same camera. Did your cam have poe but no network light making it unreachable?

Mine seems to be dropping at least once a day.
Seems like the switch was displaying the LED status just fine....symptom are what I described in this thread. It was return and Andy sent me a replacement. No problems with the replacement and never did anything to change the switch or Cat-6...just plugged in the replacement and everything good.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes have read the whole thread pretty sure it's the same problem.

vcwannabe

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems like the switch was displaying the LED status just fine....symptom are what I described in this thread. It was return and Andy sent me a replacement. No problems with the replacement and never did anything to change the switch or Cat-6...just plugged in the replacement and everything good.
I started having the same problem (disconnecting) and then it just disappeared.

qwert106

n3wb
Reaction score
i have the same problem... my cam disconnects 2-3 times per day.... i tested everything from this thread without sucess. @Andy: any solution? In total i have 13 Dahua cams, but with 1 of them same problem

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
1. Use a new cable to try.
2. Make a hard reset on the reset button, press it for 5-7 seconds.
3. Check firmware and make some updating. What is the model you are talking?

qwert106

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Andy

i'm talking about my IPC_T5442TM_AS, maybe you remember, i have problems with this cam since i received it from you. I tried the reset button but now the cam is dead. I doesnt't see the cam any more in config tool. What can i do? Until yesterday the cam looses connection 2-3 times a day but after poe power on/off the cam bootet again. Now cam doesnt boot any more. Tried with different cables, different poe switches. All other cams from you work nice. Anything i can try???

1. Use a new cable to try.
2. Make a hard reset on the reset button, press it for 5-7 seconds.
3. Check firmware and make some updating. What is the model you are talking?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Andy

i'm talking about my IPC_T5442TM_AS, maybe you remember, i have problems with this cam since i received it from you. I tried the reset button but now the cam is dead. I doesnt't see the cam any more in config tool. What can i do? Until yesterday the cam looses connection 2-3 times a day but after poe power on/off the cam bootet again. Now cam doesnt boot any more. Tried with different cables, different poe switches. All other cams from you work nice. Anything i can try???
Send you a PM.