New Lorex system at Costco - What do you guys think?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmm.. wonder how easy it is to change the lens?

Was taking the face cover difficult?
face cover prys off easiiy with a small screwdriver in the 'slot' at the bottom.

Lens can be easily replaced as well. Look for an M16 for 1/1.8" sensor. I put a 6mm into mine for a much more useful FOV, imo.
one of these: (they also have 4mm) US $10.35 |6mm 1/1.8

still searching for Dahua Firmware that works on these...

and yes, it CAN be mounted and used in corridor mode (sideways, for taller, narrower FOV) BUT NOT AT 4k (8mp) resolution, for some reason.
The 'Flip 90/270 degrees' setting in the 'Picture' config page only allows it in 1080P and lower. That's a bit of a bummer, but i can readily have BI rotate it...

That said, I don't see why @sphinx_888 's image would be a problem. Yes, it can be wall mounted and still level in in normal (non-corridor) mode. Just a matter of rotating the camera on the mount.

Last edited:

HugChopShop

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
face cover prys off easiiy with a small screwdriver in the 'slot' at the bottom.

Lens can be easily replaced as well. Look for an M16 for 1/1.8" sensor. I put a 6mm into mine for a much more useful FOV, imo.
one of these: (they also have 4mm) US $10.35 |6mm 1/1.8

still searching for Dahua Firmware that works on these...

and yes, it CAN be mounted and used in corridor mode (sideways, for taller, narrower FOV) BUT NOT AT 4k (8mp) resolution, for some reason.
The 'Flip 90/270 degrees' setting in the 'Picture' config page only allows it in 1080P and lower. That's a bit of a bummer, but i can readily have BI rotate it...

That said, I don't see why @sphinx_888 's image would be a problem. Yes, it can be wall mounted and still level in in normal (non-corridor) mode. Just a matter of rotating the camera on the mount.
I'm playing with one of these. Did you ever get a Dahua firmware that works? Did ONVIF alerts work for you? I'm having trouble with substream and ONVIF alerts.

ProTapper

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Very simple. There's a little hole at the bottom of the face plate. I just stuck a guitar pick in there, went around the edge, and popped up each of the 4 little plastic tabs. It snapped right back on when done

This is good stuff! Were you able to find a physical reset button on these? I can't find it...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - more info posted here by Pro Tapper: