New member from UK seeking help on Hikvision NVR

Barney

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

After lots of head scratching and trying to get support from Hikvision, I came across this knowledgeable site.

I have acquired a Hikvision DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR configured with 2 camera's as part of my new role at the company I work for.

I am trying to gain access to the system incase of any future requirement.

Unfortunately the person that used to manage this has left the company and cannot remember the username/password or is either reluctant to give me the password.

So I wonder if the friendly people on this forum can offer any assistance in recovering the password etc or advice how to reset this as a new system (start from scratch)

I did try the reset tool here Hikvision Password Reset Tool
but unfortunately could not get any joy, maybe I missing something?

Currently the device is
DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A0420170618AARR778175101WCVU
Firmware version - V3.4.92 Build 170228

Hoping for help.
Thanks in advance Paul.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
If the cameras firmware is old enough to still have the 'Hikvision backdoor' (ie 5.4.0 or earlier) there is a sneaky way to get the NVR to give up its admin password to the camera, which can then be persuaded to give up it's configuration file, which can be decrypted and decoded and the password extracted.

Check out this thread : Alternative way of recovering HikVision NVR password

What model are the cameras, and what firmware version do they have?
SADP will show that - but you will need to connect the PC to one of the NVR PoE ports to see the cameras.
SADP Tool

Given the suitable firmware - you will need to reset the trojan horse camera to defaults (Inactive) whilst not connected to the NVR, powered and connected separately.

Barney

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair,
I did try the PC connect to the NVR unused port, but I couldn't get a IP address issued from the NVR

Will try and get a IP address from the NVR again.

Barney

n3wb
Reaction score
OK, managed to get the device to talk, looking at the camera's I have DS-2CD2155FWD-I with firmware version V5.4.5Build 170124, so if I am reading this correct, I will need to downgrade the camera and use the alternative method to get the file?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
SADP does not need to have an IP address in the same range as the cameras and NVR to work.
The NVR does not operate as a DHCP server.
But if you want to set the PC with a fixed IP address you could use 192.168.254.100 which will match the NVR PoE interface default range.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A downgrade to 5.4.40 should be possible, and should be allowed by the existing firmware.
What model of cameras are they?

Barney

n3wb
Reaction score
Now just got to locate the previous firmware version, quick search so far has not been fruitful.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have DS-2CD2155FWD-I with firmware version V5.4.5Build 170124, so if I am reading this correct, I will need to downgrade the camera
I believe this is the stock firmware for the DS-2CD2155FWD-I - but can't be 100% sure :DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
And I'm also not 100% sure if that 5.4.4 firmware on that camera is vulnerable to the 'Hikvision backdoor'. Usually it's the 5.4.0 - but that does not seem to exist, unless someone knows otherwise.
But it will be easy enough to try.
That does seem to be the oldest available firmware for that model.

Is there any chance you can borrow a different model camera for this activity?

If the 'trojan horse camera' method isn't going to work, you've have to reset the NVR to defaults using the 'Hikvision tftp updater' to apply ideally the same version of firmware.
And do the same for the cameras.