New Member in San Francisco Bayarea

C.e.s.a.r

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Get a small poe switch and try that with the cameras .. if a dahua nvr you can manually add the camera from the lan ip side
Hi mat200, I've thought of a PoE switch but I'm not quite done with trying other options. I'll be taking the camera down again today, so I can run a few more test. If all goes well I'll reinstall, only this time I'm going to use plastic inserts as isolators, which I hope will eliminate my chicken wire hypothesis. Stay tuned for more updates and again if there are any other Security camera Einsteins out there your insight will be much appreciated. So here goes one more time! Wish me luck!!

C.e.s.a.r

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FIXED!! Plastic inserts worked! Checked main service panel and sub panel and found nothing out of the ordinary, so it’s still a bit of a mystery why I was getting voltages between camera and NVR when camera was mounted using stucco screws. Anyway all is looking good and i wish to thank everyone who helped in trouble shooting.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FIXED!! Plastic inserts worked! Checked main service panel and sub panel and found nothing out of the ordinary, so it’s still a bit of a mystery why I was getting voltages between camera and NVR when camera was mounted using stucco screws. Anyway all is looking good and i wish to thank everyone who helped in trouble shooting.
It took a week for the previous issue you addressed that fixed it (temporarily).
So a week from this last fix, Tues. 4/9 will be Tues. 4/16, 6 days from today......

(Eye of newt, hair of dog tossed into bubbling cauldron, incense burning, fingers crossed) :rolleyes: