New Member Looking to Help Dad Add Cameras

tone363

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey there,

Hey there from Nashville, TN. So i am a newbie when it comes to cams and have just setup 4 around my house that i got from Alli and so far so good with the new cameras. Question for you all, so my dad helped me with the process and he now wants to add just 2 to his house. I think personally once he gets 2 going they will add more but just 2 for now. I am curious what you all would recommend for a good front and rear of the house camera. They have a larger property, an acre, so something that would work well with that. The seller I bought mine from no longer looks to be selling on Alli so I have came here to look for suggestions as I am just not sure.

I was looking at this one http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Dahua-4MP-Camera-Mic-built-in-IPC-HDW4421C-A-IR-Full-HD-IP-POE-Dome/32625578527.html

But wanted to get some opinions before i recommend it and to see what lens i should get for them.

Thanks everyone.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lens length 3.6mm I prefer but post some photos and we will help you pick.

I don't have this camera but will probably get it next instead of Hikvision stuff.

tone363

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So this is an image from google maps of the front of the property, detached garage to the side. I think 4 would serve him better but he just wants to start small then go from there once he sees how the 2 work and what he might need to add. Totally get it. Thanks againUntitled.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I mean with that kind of space around, anything below 12mm will only be covering the house. I'd personally buy a 2.8mm and a 3.6mm and see how you get on. 2.8mm will give a nice wide angle but remember that you will have less pixels of a face with a wider angle.

I'd be tempted to end up with a 4x Dahua + 2x PTZ (like a Huisun), so you can zoom in on anything or cover the road etc.

tone363

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for this. So the camera from Ali in my original post go with the 2.8 and a 3.6 to test. Any other recommendations on cameras or the PTZ you mentioned? Thanks again.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Use the forum search, it's called "Huisun V2"

If you have a bigger budget there are better types of PTZ (speed domes) but you're looking at $350 upwards.