New member needs help! (rtsp vlc)

Trolldor

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm new member to this forum, it took me a lot of browsing to see if I can find what I need, but since I didn't I hope you'll help me out!

So basically I need rtsp urls from different brands & models containing user&pass for testing purposes via VLC for testing.

ex.

Code:
rtsp:///user:pass@IPADDRESS:554/Streaming/Channels/1
I have tried a lot of web scraping, emailed the companies but got no response.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, already tried that, everything is outdated unfortunately.
I think you mean outdated for YOU or the cams you're trying.....I've used many of them recently and successfully so I would not go so far as to say "...everything is outdated".

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you. Any specific brand and model of cams in mind?

Trolldor

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you mean outdated for YOU or the cams you're trying.....I've used many of them recently and successfully so I would not go so far as to say "...everything is outdated".

Looks like you've got some work ahead of you. Any specific brand and model of cams in mind?
Thus far I have tried lots of brands of cameras which had VLC as a connection you can see the image below. VLC comes up with an error therefore me saying everything is outdated.

Dahua, Linksys, Belkin, Foscam, D-Link, Axis, Bosch, Mobotix, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Netgear, Abus, Logitech, Vivotek, Edimax, Netatmo, Nest, Netgear, Uniden, Q-see, Arlo, Swann.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thus far I have tried lots of brands of cameras which had VLC as a connection you can see the image below. VLC comes up with an error therefore me saying everything is outdated.

Dahua, Linksys, Belkin, Foscam, D-Link, Axis, Bosch, Mobotix, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, Netgear, Abus, Logitech, Vivotek, Edimax, Netatmo, Nest, Netgear, Uniden, Q-see, Arlo, Swann.
Have your tried for the Linksys :

Code:
rtsp://admin:admin@192.168.1.20:554/img/media.sav
Also, have you considered using Wireshark using filter "rtsp" while viewing stream in browser?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The solution may well be simple :
Assuming the cameras are ONVIF compliant - as most are - query them with the very good tool ONVIF Device Manager from sourceforge.net
Give it some logon credentials, top left and it will find devices automatically.

And then check out the RTSP URL at the bottom of the Live Video page.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay so, I've tried Wireshark & ONVIF Device Manager, unfortunately no results.
What did you you do to the camera while you ran Wireshark?
If you did a capture while you started up ONVIF Device Manager, maybe zip it and attach it here, we might spot something useful.
Was ONVIF Device Manager just blank? I'm surprised, unless this unknown camera is one of those cloud/P2P based ones with no local access.

Trolldor

n3wb
Reaction score
What did you you do to the camera while you ran Wireshark?
If you did a capture while you started up ONVIF Device Manager, maybe zip it and attach it here, we might spot something useful.
Was ONVIF Device Manager just blank? I'm surprised, unless this unknown camera is one of those cloud/P2P based ones with no local access.
basically I've generated urls from ispy connect, and tried to watch them. ONVIF Device Manager was mostly blank for rtsp urls, while https were getting an error.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I still don't understand what you mean by 'blanks errors'.
If there are no ONVIF devices found, there will be no errors.
Maybe a screenshot would help.