New member of this nice community

JPelletier

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!

I've been reading this forum a lot recently, seems to be a very nice community and I'm happy to join it. I have multiple questions for special needs, so I will post them in appropriate sections :)

Have a nice day all

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome to the land of video surveillance lunatics. Be sure to check the WiKI, in the blue bar at the top of the page. Study, carefully on a real computer, the Cliff Notes in there. There is also a lot of other good information for sizing a system and keeping it safe on the internet, foil the "phone home" features. Read, study plan, ask questions, revise plans and test before spending money. It'll save you time, frustration and money in the end. There's tons of reviews here on cameras, and NVRs to help confuse you even more when trying to make a decision.

If you want a good, actually good, system at a reasonable price check with Andy at Empire Tech/King Security. He deals with mostly Dahua but also has some Hikvision. Additionally, IPCT sells Hikvision and Amcrest. One more is Nelly's Security, also here on IPCT. You'll find most people here use Blue Iris on a stand alone PC rather than an NVR. WiFi, Reolink and Foscam, just to name a few, are "consumer grade" equipment and, in spite of their advertised claims, poor performers especially at night.

kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:
forum: EmpireTech Andy