MOPARFAN58

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings to all. I am trying t figure my IP cam out. Not much use to read the instructions. I did. I still never found an answer.

trickard

n3wb
Reaction score
I m a new member as well, and have some issues, or rather just one. I have been using BI for about 4 years, running version 4 on two pcs, i have recently added some new ip cams, i can figure out how to add them, view them etc, but now my pc usage is at 100% - slows the entire pc down. Tried disabling a few and having a total of 18 cameras, it goes down once i have about 7 showing, a solution is to run one version for outside cams, and another for inside, when doing so then the usage is down to about 70% - i have the following PC pavilion23 System.PNGwith those specs. I have tried lower the fps to 10 and under properties changed them all to direct to disc for recording....does anyone have any solution - Blue Iris is awesome just need to figure out how to run it with all 18 cams...

thanks

Tony

MOPARFAN58

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Tony, I don't have a resolution to solve your problem. I have the same problem. They turn my System into a snail. I have tried just about everything. My computer was built to handle anything. Sounds like you have the same. If you find a fix I sure would Love to have it

trickard

n3wb
Reaction score
trust me i will, its frustrating as hell, i really dont want nor think i have to go out and get a new pc - there has to be a fix within the set up or something

if you find one as well please let me know too ....thanks for the reply

how do you post a thread anyway i have tried looking but see anything

tony

Illya_Kareoke

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Someone said "you're not making a movie". That's when I started running at 2 fps. I still capture what I need and my system doesn't get bogged down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I m a new member as well, and have some issues, or rather just one. I have been using BI for about 4 years, running version 4 on two pcs, i have recently added some new ip cams, i can figure out how to add them, view them etc, but now my pc usage is at 100% - slows the entire pc down. Tried disabling a few and having a total of 18 cameras, it goes down once i have about 7 showing, a solution is to run one version for outside cams, and another for inside, when doing so then the usage is down to about 70% - i have the following PC pavilion23 View attachment 11302with those specs. I have tried lower the fps to 10 and under properties changed them all to direct to disc for recording....does anyone have any solution - Blue Iris is awesome just need to figure out how to run it with all 18 cams...

thanks

Tony
There is nothing to figure out. Your pc cannot handle it. Make sure you enable direct to disk for EACH camera (you may have missed one). Enable hardware acceleration. Lower your frame rates. Record in BVR.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Tony, I don't have a resolution to solve your problem. I have the same problem. They turn my System into a snail. I have tried just about everything. My computer was built to handle anything. Sounds like you have the same. If you find a fix I sure would Love to have it
What are your system specs? How many cams are you running? What resolution? frame rates? have you set the cams to record direct to disk? are you using the demo or licensed version?

dalepa

Reaction score
With that many cameras you need a better CPU than the i3 for 18 cams. Check the benchmarks here

Lowering FPS helps, but 18 cams is alot for this CPU. Im surprised your i3 system in working with 18 cams.

I m a new member as well, and have some issues, or rather just one. I have been using BI for about 4 years, running version 4 on two pcs, i have recently added some new ip cams, i can figure out how to add them, view them etc, but now my pc usage is at 100% - slows the entire pc down. Tried disabling a few and having a total of 18 cameras, it goes down once i have about 7 showing, a solution is to run one version for outside cams, and another for inside, when doing so then the usage is down to about 70% - i have the following PC pavilion23 View attachment 11302with those specs. I have tried lower the fps to 10 and under properties changed them all to direct to disc for recording....does anyone have any solution - Blue Iris is awesome just need to figure out how to run it with all 18 cams...

thanks

Tony