L111amo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi new to this, I’ve got a Swann nvr system & my son in law has gave me a dahua Poe camera that I can’t get to work, are they not compatible, many thanks liam

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi new to this, I’ve got a Swann nvr system & my son in law has gave me a dahua Poe camera that I can’t get to work, are they not compatible, many thanks liam
Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

What model NVR?
If the NVR is ONVIF-compatible, it may work with the camera (assuming the cam is not real old, it's likely ONVIF-compatible), but to be sure, just what is the cam's model number also?

L111amo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply
its nvr8-7285 camera is DJ-pic-hdbw4300ep thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply
its nvr8-7285 camera is DJ-pic-hdbw4300ep thanks
I cannot find anywhere that the NVR9-7285 will accept non-Swann cams, even if ONVIF; they use "SwanLink" technology, whatever the heck that is.

The cam, more correctly named IPC-HDBW4300E is a discontinued, 5 year old 3MP dome camera but it IS ONVIF compatible. It accepts 802.3af POE or 12VDC.

You could power up the cam, if possible reset it to default IP of 192.168.1.108, run an Ethernet cable from it directly into your PC's LAN port, set PC to static IP of 192.168.1.100, subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and open a browser to that default IP to launch the cam's embedded webGUI to see if it's "alive".

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome. My venture down the CCTV rabbit hole began with a Swann 2mp Coax cam from Menards.
I wanted to get color cameras for my Condo Maintenance job. It was coupled to a PC, running EyeMax recording software with 8 Black & White bullet cams and 4 color cams.
Knowing nothing, I actually got it to work. That was almost 3 years ago now.
Then I bagged the cryptic proprietary Eyemax for a nightowl 16 channel DVR.
Then I bought more 2MP Analog HD cams.
Then I showed up here. ( Bad things man Bad things)
Now i have 26 cameras at work and 9 at home.
( Somebody Stop Me):screwy:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Welcome. My venture down the CCTV rabbit hole began with a Swann 2mp Coax cam from Menards.
I wanted to get color cameras for my Condo Maintenance job. It was coupled to a PC, running EyeMax recording software with 8 Black & White bullet cams and 4 color cams.
Knowing nothing, I actually got it to work. That was almost 3 years ago now.
Then I bagged the cryptic proprietary Eyemax for a nightowl 16 channel DVR.
Then I bought more 2MP Analog HD cams.
Then I showed up here. ( Bad things man Bad things)
Now i have 26 cameras at work and 9 at home.
( Somebody Stop Me):screwy:
You are officially corrupted.
Our work here is done.