New Netgear Switch POE GS752TPP and hikvision cameras

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi, i have a problem.
My Ubiquiti Switch 500watt 24 port POE is dead. Now i bought a new netgear 700 watt 48 port poe.
Unfortunately any ipcamera (far 70 meters from switch) not work but the switch detect them, becouse the current draw statistics are there. The negotiations with ipcacmera not work, i setting all negotations port on full.

I tried to change ipcamera with new same camera and a new model not same, but the problem persist.

My old ipcamera is DS-2CD2032F-I and new ip camera is DS-2CD1023G0-I

Can you help me please ? Do you know why the ubiquiti it was whitout a problems and netgear not ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the new switch work with only ONE cam plugged in?

What is the power budget per port of the old switch as compared to the power budget per port of the new switch?

The specs say either one of those cams draws only 7 watts max, I can't imagine the new, 48 port switch not supporting that and is possibly defective.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the new switch work with only ONE cam plugged in?

What is the power budget per port of the old switch as compared to the power budget per port of the new switch?

The specs say either one of those cams draws only 7 watts max, I can't imagine the new, 48 port switch not supporting that and is possibly defective
Hi, thanks for the answer.

The switch work with more cameras plugged, actually i have connected 10 ipcamera (9 with poe, 7 802.3af and 2 802.3at). Two ipcamera from 802.3af not worked but these cameras have IR power on, the absorbing of current there is.

The old switch had 500 total max watts, each port could deliver 30 max watts, not all at the same time but up to the 500 watt limit, it had 24 ports in total.
The new switch has 48 ports and 760 total watts available, and each port can serve 30 watts (up to a maximum of 700 watts).
The ip cameras, are the same, not changed these, or changed cable.

If i connect the same camera from near switch (3-4 meters) the cameras work. If i use the camera at 70 meters from switch, i have the problem.

I suppose that netgear is not better of ubiquiti. Unfortunately i not have found the ubiquiti switch with this spec at price of 870 euros.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is not the camera or the switch, have you tried on a new long cable to see if the problem still persist?

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe the problem is not the camera or the switch, have you tried on a new long cable to see if the problem still persist?
Actually i don't have a cable of 70 meter for to try. For secure i know that the cable that i use is not pur copper and i know that any device are not certified for work with aluminium united to copper materials...but with ubiquiti this camera have worked to one week ago.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Netgear is good equipment and CCA cable should not be used especially in a POE application.... only pure solid, copper
Maybe the Netgear has circuitry to see an issue with the cable that the Ubiquiti does not.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Netgear is good equipment and CCA cable should not be used especially in a POE application.... only pure solid, copper
Maybe the Netgear has circuitry to see an issue with the cable that the Ubiquiti does not.
ok i try to change cable and after i update you.

hunte88

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok hi all, i used one cable of pure copper of 25 meters and the cameras not working. Now i stay discussed with the netgear support but i think that i push reback. It not possible, i have taken other camera (not hikvision) and the problem is the same with the pure copper cable. I suggest you to not buy switch POE of netgear for professional use.

(870 euros for a switch not professional sorry ).