New NVR system compatibility questions

Legume

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I am doing some research on a UNV NVR / IPC3615SE-ADF28(40)KM-WL-I0 camera setup with Colorhunter. I just have a few questions before I put it to the missus.
1) the areas the cameras will be placed have no external lighting except for the one out the front which has a street light about 20m away. We want colour at night but I am wondering if it is really that necessary / much of an improvement over standard IR imagery.
2) I am not really into mucking around with mixing and matching brands/manufacturers but we would like to wire in a video doorbell which can also activate in-house chimes when pressed. I have seen some threads here about doing that using a hickvision unit compatible with ONVIF but am wondering how this setup works in reality. Like will I need the hickvision app and the UNV app even if I connect it to the UNV NVR. What features of the doorbell will be retained if I don't download and use its app? If I need 2 apps I may as well install a UNV camera to give me app notifications instead and use the old school doorbell that is already there. Thanks in advance guys.

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have this camera and its one of the better colour cameras I have seen in that price range. Below is a screenshot, actual image is much crisper. No white light turned on. Plenty of streetlight. Showing a lot more colour than the naked eye can see out there.

Screenshot_20210920_102103_com.uniview.app.smb.phone.en.ezview.png

Legume

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, that really does look impressive. Have you had them long? We're there any hiccups getting them working? How do you find the app?

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Had it up for about 4 months. Only testing it. Usually have a Dahua TiOC up. Think image is far superior on this camera. App is a bit shit at times for push notifications. I wouldnt call them reliable for using as a doorbell notifcation.

Legume

n3wb
Reaction score
Was the dahua app better with the notifications? What percentage of the UNV notifications were getting missed do you think?