New PC Build for 50+ Cameras

The Orv

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have an Optiplex 7070 SFF pc running (16) 8MP cameras at 15 FPS. The system idles at about 12-15% CPU usage, but spikes when there is a lot of activity. About once a week, the PC freezes randomly, and I am not able to pull anything out of event viewer. Yesterday I pulled and cleaned the processor cooling fan, and reworked the crappy thermopaste. (Cross our fingers this works) We missed some footage of theives on Saturday night because of this issue.

We are adding another building to this network, and I want to go ahead and build a PC that will handle all of the cameras I wish to put in. I'm also going to add cameras for high security inventory, and could possibly have up to 50+ Cameras.

If you were going to build an overpowered NVR for this system, what would your choice be?

My concern is airflow might be pretty poor, but I'm not sure. I won't be gaming on it, but I want something that will future proof us for awhile.

SilverStone RM41-H08 Server Chassis:
Intel i9-13900K
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Master X (LGA 1700/ Intel Z790 X/EATX/ DDR5/ 5* M.2/ PCIe 5.0/ USB 3.2 Type-C/Wi-Fi 7/ 10GbE LAN/Q-Flash Plus/EZ-Latch Plus/Motherboard)
64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5
Gigabyte RTX 4060 OC Low Profile
NZXT C1200 PSU
4 Port SATA PCIE expansion card
(2) 80 MM Noctua Fans

Here is the build (Tweaked this build for Intel)