New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

Chen_Arets

n3wb
Reaction score
Well. the story continues...Flashed the Ezviz DB1 with the Hikvision 211101 fw again with the batch configtool based on setting: Part restoration. The app notifies me that I need to upgrade the FW to the Ezviz version 5.2.4 build 230404. As I don't want to upgrade to the Ezviz FW (it doesn't support Onvif), I ignore it. I am using the latest Hik Connect iOS App. 2 days in a row the following happened: Around 2am the DB1 gets disconnected from Wifi, but restores within a minute, the morning after the DB1 is offline...so I need to reset it and connect it back to wifi...but guess what? My Doorbell has been upgraded to version 5.2.4 build 230404!? All by itself without me doing it. How can I disable auto-update? I am almost on the verge of getting rid of the DB1, but for me it's the ideal camera if it's flashed with the Hikvision FW and it works with my mechanical chime and onvif NVR...so any help is appreciated!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would check two things, in BCT see if you have any schedules and I thought you can disable Updates in BCT too.

EDIT: Also I would check your router and Access Point too incase there is a reset schedule there...

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Try to follow up on your thoughts, but no such settings.
You need to get to Settings. Should have a gear icon for Settings on the line your Doorbell is listed on. Hit Refresh and see if it appears.

1706896079222.png

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is an example I found, sorry i no longer have my EZVIZ DB

1706896350845.png

Chen_Arets

n3wb
Reaction score
My last resort...I deleted the camera in the hik connect app. I installed the Ezviz App iOS. Add the DB1 to the Ezviz App. In the Ezviz App you can disable auto update in your profile settings. let's hope this will work. The hik connect app does not have this option as far as I can see.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help, flashed it back to the Hikvision 211101 FW and ran BCT, hoping the setting button would appear...no luck. I am using BCT for MAC OS version 1.0.0.4
Question, when you installed BCT it would of made you enter a login and password. Then to + Add the camera you would have to enter the camera's IP address, login and password (password is the verification code on back of DB), admin is the default User Name.
You may want to X Delete the camera in BCT and re-Add it and be sure to enter the DB cam's login credentials, not BCT login. I think this confused most of us the first time...Don't worry, BCT won't mess with your Camera when you remove it from BCT, it is just a program to get to the camera's settings...

1706908167413.png

Word of caution, I would stay away from changing the camera's login or password in BCT. It can be done but many here have lost their access to the camera and it can be a pain to get that fixed back. I only used BCT to set the camera's brightness, contrast, etc. You can remove Watermark, if FW allows it. Also I would leave network settings alone too, don't need to loose access there either.

HTH

Chen_Arets

n3wb
Reaction score
Question, when you installed BCT it would of made you enter a login and password. Then to + Add the camera you would have to enter the camera's IP address, login and password (password is the verification code on back of DB), admin is the default User Name.
You may want to X Delete the camera in BCT and re-Add it and be sure to enter the DB cam's login credentials, not BCT login. I think this confused most of us the first time...Don't worry, BCT won't mess with your Camera when you remove it from BCT, it is just a program to get to the camera's settings...

View attachment 185009

Word of caution, I would stay away from changing the camera's login or password in BCT. It can be done but many here have lost their access to the camera and it can be a pain to get that fixed back. I only used BCT to set the camera's brightness, contrast, etc. You can remove Watermark, if FW allows it. Also I would leave network settings alone too, don't need to loose access there either.

HTH
Guess what! As I am using MacOS, the BCT is limited. When I used a Windows latest version, I got all the options :)! There is no option to disable auto upgrade, but I was successfully add the Ezviz DB1 with the latest Ezviz Firmware add to my NVR with the RTSP...finally. Thanks!

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm starting to get phantom ding-dongs many times a day. Like 4 or 6 or 8. I made sure the IR is turned off and it still does it. I had upgraded my transformer last year, so I feel like it's not a current issue.

Thankfully I installed a toggle switch in my doorbell circuit so I can kill it easily. Comes in handy with this stupid thing. :rolleyes:
So I think we're at End of Life for my Laview. It started doing the phantom rings again when it got super cold in January (-15°F). And after a few weeks off, I got it working again, and another cold snap last night (+10°F), did it twice again.

I'm going to look into how feasible the POE Reolink is for me, thought I'd like to keep the existing in-house chime. And how easy I can pull some Cat-6.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I think we're at End of Life for my Laview. It started doing the phantom rings again when it got super cold in January (-15°F). And after a few weeks off, I got it working again, and another cold snap last night (+10°F), did it twice again.

I'm going to look into how feasible the POE Reolink is for me, thought I'd like to keep the existing in-house chime. And how easy I can pull some Cat-6.
The WiFi version has an ethernet port (NIC), but it is not POE. So one could use the WiFi and once their Ethernet cable is installed, you can continue using the Doorbell Transformer for power and stop using the WiFi and use the ethernet port on the DB.

Chen_Arets

n3wb
Reaction score
The WiFi version has an ethernet port (NIC), but it is not POE. So one could use the WiFi and once their Ethernet cable is installed, you can continue using the Doorbell Transformer for power and stop using the WiFi and use the ethernet port on the DB.
I had phantom rings as well, but I notice that the push button in the face plate was buggy and it got stuck once it was pressed, so it did not "bounce" back sometimes. I put a very small piece of cotton between the face plate (right behind the push button) and the doorbell. No problems anymore.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had phantom rings as well, but I notice that the push button in the face plate was buggy and it got stuck once it was pressed, so it did not "bounce" back sometimes. I put a very small piece of cotton between the face plate (right behind the push button) and the doorbell. No problems anymore.
:) I was going to suggest calling Ghost Busters ;)

In my youth, we had kids running around our neighborhood ringing everyone's doorbell at all hours of the morning...no cameras back then...

NickTheGreat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
:) I was going to suggest calling Ghost Busters ;)

In my youth, we had kids running around our neighborhood ringing everyone's doorbell at all hours of the morning...no cameras back then...
We did the phantom doorbell thing once when staying over at a buddy's house. The thing was, he lived in the country, and it was his parents' house, the one we were staying at. I don't think the parents even noticed. :banghead:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We did the phantom doorbell thing once when staying over at a buddy's house. The thing was, he lived in the country, and it was his parents' house, the one we were staying at. I don't think the parents even noticed. :banghead:
Yeah, we did the same in my friend's neighborhood. His parents let us stay out after dark...