New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious maybe some one played with the doorbell with sticky fingers?

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow, freaky. I should check mine for any gaps and maybe deploy some caulk as a preventative measure too. We have zillions of ants around our house.

Walked into the bathroom one morning and the floor was crawling with ants. My wife wouldn't go near that bathroom for days after that.
I have the same issue here, but not every year. Some years I need to use chemical stuff to get rid of them, they are literally everywhere and sometimes they get into the house as soon as my children leave some candies or sweet stuff on the floor. :)

alexdelprete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious maybe some one played with the doorbell with sticky fingers?
Not on the side, maybe on the button, when my 2 daughters come back from school and ring the bell. I don't know. Probably it's comfortable in there, very hot and dark. :)

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes here with my grandchildren outside and their "mom" giving them treats sometimes they get sticky fingers and touch everything. House, automobiles, door knobs, et al.

Killerjay

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else have an issue with their db1 randomly saying the sd card needs to be formatted? But then when I try to format, it fails and will only work if I turn off my bell breaker for a restart. Seems to happen every month. Kind of annoying and sucks if I actually need footage as it won't let me view anything and my only option is to format. I'm using ezviz, it is stock ezviz with firmware 5.2.4.191211.

James92TSi

n3wb
Reaction score
Any Vera automation users out there? It looks like Vera has finally released (after talking about it for years) a doorbell in their product line - VistaCam 1200 doorbell. And it appears to be the same hardware as RCA HSDB2A / EzViz DB1 / LaView / etc. being discussed here.

LInk: Vista Cam 1200

As I already own two RCA HSDB2A units I'm not necessarily looking to replace those just to get the Vera firmware and attempt integration into Vera. So I'll try upgrading my Vera controller firmware to latest (as they added compatibility with their "new" doorbell/camera products) and see if that will let it pair with my RCA doorbells (which are running LaView firmware to get rid of the RCA logo).

Otherwise, I wonder what it would take to obtain the Vera version of doorbell firmware for testing....

Last edited:

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been a min since i was here. Ok my DB1 suffered a power outage and now its stuck with softap_ SSID and I cant log into it because I dont know the wifi password. I thought it was the verification code but nope its not that. So what is it? I cant connect with batch config unless i know the wifi password.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Been a min since i was here. Ok my DB1 suffered a power outage and now its stuck with softap_ SSID and I cant log into it because I dont know the wifi password. I thought it was the verification code but nope its not that. So what is it? I cant connect with batch config unless i know the wifi password.
If your talking about the AP password for the doorbell it is the verification code. Its 6 UPPERCASE letters

You CAN change this password in BC, If you did change it before you can REMOVE power (1 of the wires) from the back of the DoorBell. WAIT for all the leds to go out (could take 10min or little longer) and about 5min after they go out. Then HOLD DOWN the reset button, do NOT LET GO, restore power (put the wire back on) while still holding down reset. Keep the power ON and the reset held down (not so easy I know) till it tells you the reset it done. This SHOULD restore the PassWord if you did change it. This works on the RCA and Hik doorbells with any firmware. I have not tested on the others. This is NOT the same as just holding reset! If it does not work the first time remove the SDCard and try again.

Good Luck

Last edited:

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey, anyone else have an issue with their db1 randomly saying the sd card needs to be formatted? But then when I try to format, it fails and will only work if I turn off my bell breaker for a restart. Seems to happen every month. Kind of annoying and sucks if I actually need footage as it won't let me view anything and my only option is to format. I'm using ezviz, it is stock ezviz with firmware 5.2.4.191211.
My RCA was doing this and stopped after I replace the SDCard with a new high-end (3x the price) SDCard. The "card needs initialized" msges have stopped with no more problems for about 8 or 9 months now. The odd thing is that the old SDCard works fine in my desktop PC. I can do a full format (not fast) with no errors so I have no clue why it fixed the problem. It could have bean a write speed problem, but that is just a guess.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If your talking about the AP password for the doorbell it is the verification code. Its 6 UPPERCASE letters

You CAN change this password in BC, If you did change it before you can REMOVE power (1 of the wires) from the back of the DoorBell. WAIT for all the leds to go out (could take 10min or little longer) and about 5min after they go out. Then HOLD DOWN the reset button, do NOT LET GO, restore power (put the wire back on) while still holding down reset. Keep the power ON and the reset held down (not so easy I know) till it tells you the reset it done. This SHOULD restore the PassWord if you did change it. This works on the RCA and Hik doorbells with any firmware. I have not tested on the others. This is NOT the same as just holding reset! If it does not work the first time remove the SDCard and try again.

Good Luck
THanks will give it a try. I dont think I changed it. I tried the verification code and it seems to think that is to short of a password 6 characters long. Ill try the reset but I wondered if I was wrong about verification or if it was the varification code twice or something like that.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
THanks will give it a try. I dont think I changed it. I tried the verification code and it seems to think that is to short of a password 6 characters long. Ill try the reset but I wondered if I was wrong about verification or if it was the varification code twice or something like that.
My RCA DB looks like this

Login = softap_C95752724
PW = softap_BZFSJN

I know the caps does matter!

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have any of you had the batch configurator complain about being forced to run at 1024x768. Its bizare and i cant even use it.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have any of you had the batch configurator complain about being forced to run at 1024x768. Its bizare and i cant even use it.
What build of BC are you messing with and what OS?
I could see this being a problem if your running it on an old laptop / video card that is running 800x600 rez perhaps. If you have one that is still working :p

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What build of BC are you messing with and what OS?
I could see this being a problem if your running it on an old laptop / video card that is running 800x600 rez perhaps. If you have one that is still working :p
No I figured it out, some kinda bug if you use a newer version then 3.0.26. Another issue how do I change the SSID? i cant seem to find that options in batch config.

I also can't recall the full procedure to make the ezviz app see the onvif hikvision firmware. I finally found where I change the ssid but to what and what is password. The ezviz app can't see the camera at all now.

Last edited:

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No I figured it out, some kinda bug if you use a newer version then 3.0.26. Another issue how do I change the SSID? i cant seem to find that options in batch config.
networking / wifi

Why are you looking for the SSID? You can do the network setup in BC ( instead of the DB App ) and skip all that crap if your renaming just to get the app to find it.

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
networking / wifi

Why are you looking for the SSID? You can do the network setup in BC ( instead of the DB App ) and skip all that crap if your renaming just to get the app to find it.
Ok but still need to know what to change it to. I know I can just add it to my network but I'd like to know for future this is the 3rd time this has happened to me.

KC8DKT

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok but still need to know what to change it to. I know I can just add it to my network but I'd like to know for future this is the 3rd time this has happened to me.

Its in BC
networking
wifi very top first line, just type in new ssid click save.

that is it

Diabolic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Its in BC
networking
wifi very top first line, just type in new ssid click save.

that is it
I just added it back to my network but what I was wondering is what the ezviz default SSID is? I believe its ezviz_serial# right?

I wanted to backup the default settings so I could load it if I needed to (no real point to that though), so it's ok. As long as a know the password for softap_ SSID i'm all good if this happens again after a power surge or whatever.