New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

MCanon160

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got my EZVIZ db1 today. How do I load a different company’s firmware? I tried looking through the thread a bit

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just got my EZVIZ db1 today. How do I load a different company’s firmware? I tried looking through the thread a bit
Go to page 101 and read through all the tips, while there you will see a link for Batch Config Tool and also links to the other firmware. Batch Config Tool is the easiest to use.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Make Sure you Update your EZVIZ firmware to the latest firmware 191211 First, which can be done in the EZVIZ App, Before you try one of the other firmwares, LaView's or Nelly's.

mpking828

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the 101, you've answered almost every question I thought of.
I bought two of the EZVIZ DB1. Before I can install them, I need to redo the wiring for my doorbells. This is how the doorbell on my 70 year old house has been wired:
1579147375152.png

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :) I'm going to remove all the cloth covered stuff, and replace with new bell wire, and proper wirenuts.
I'm also going to replace the transformer, since the output of it is a bit "off" (and based on Ring, they recommend 30A for two doorbell's)

So has anyone done two doorbells? Would I use two Power Kits? (To Steal a picture from the Ring site)
1579147601681.png

So after I upgrade to the latest Firmware (I see that repeated quite a bit) I'll try to hook it up to my Milestone Xprotect system. Hopefully I can do it via RSTP. I'm really keen to try to do the Google integration, and based on the 101, it seems ONVIF and Google are mutually exclusive at the moment.

I'd like to make a suggestion to change the format to a table like this in the 101
Model / FirmwareONVIFGoogleAlexa
EZVIZ Build 191211NoYesYes
Nelly's (NSC-DB2): Build 190625YesNoYes
LaView Halo ONE (LV-PDB1630-U)YesNoYes

croustx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I got a HIKvision NVR at home, and just installed an EZVIZ DB1.

The NVR detected the DB1 as beeing a HIK camera.

But when activating it, its asking me for a username and password.

I tried admin as a login. For the password, I tried the verification code of the DB1, but it doesn't work.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks !

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum croustx.

Read Post #101 and go baby steps first configuring the doorbell via the documentation provided. (cloud application).

Today I do not utilize the cloud app and utilize only the HikVision Batch application. Here first thing I did with the batch configuration program is update my firmware.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the 101, you've answered almost every question I thought of.
I bought two of the EZVIZ DB1. Before I can install them, I need to redo the wiring for my doorbells. This is how the doorbell on my 70 year old house has been wired:
View attachment 53964

Not that there is anything wrong with that. :) I'm going to remove all the cloth covered stuff, and replace with new bell wire, and proper wirenuts.
I'm also going to replace the transformer, since the output of it is a bit "off" (and based on Ring, they recommend 30A for two doorbell's)

So has anyone done two doorbells? Would I use two Power Kits? (To Steal a picture from the Ring site)
View attachment 53965

So after I upgrade to the latest Firmware (I see that repeated quite a bit) I'll try to hook it up to my Milestone Xprotect system. Hopefully I can do it via RSTP. I'm really keen to try to do the Google integration, and based on the 101, it seems ONVIF and Google are mutually exclusive at the moment.

I'd like to make a suggestion to change the format to a table like this in the 101
Model / FirmwareONVIFGoogleAlexa
EZVIZ Build 191211NoYesYes
Nelly's (NSC-DB2): Build 190625YesNoYes
LaView Halo ONE (LV-PDB1630-U)YesNoYes
So looking at your picture I gather each individual wire is wrapped in the cloth jacket. I bet that is some good wire if it is copper. If it were me I would keep it, you just may have to tone it out to identify where it goes New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera, toners are cheap now a days, I paid over $100 for my Fluke (#3) back in the day. But if it is aluminum definitely replace it, hard to tell in pic. If you do get Bell wire, be sure and think of distance and get the correct gauge.

You have two existing Doorbell Buttons, correct and only one Chime? If so a 30va transformer should work fine. But if both Doorbell buttons are pressed at the same time, which what are the odds of that, then it does not hurt to go with a 40va trans. Most of us use a 30va trans. for one Smart Doorbell. If it were me I would use both power kits, one for each Doorbell. The power kit regulates power to the Chime from the Doorbell when the Button is pressed.

Our Power Kits are wired in-between the Doorbell and the Chime, not like the Ring where the kit is wire with the Doorbell on the Chime (see 101 diagram). Maybe it does not matter but wiring it inline makes more sense.

Great suggestion in using tables, yes I need to clean up the 101, it would look much better with tables...Thank You...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I got a HIKvision NVR at home, and just installed an EZVIZ DB1.

The NVR detected the DB1 as beeing a HIK camera.

But when activating it, its asking me for a username and password.

I tried admin as a login. For the password, I tried the verification code of the DB1, but it doesn't work.

Am I missing something ?

Thanks !
I would try VLC and see if you can connect there first.

⦁ RTSP Streaming for VLC (VideoLAN Media Player) Under Media/Open Network Stream (Ctrl+N)...Enter your RTSP Link/Info for Live Video Stream

croustx

n3wb
Reaction score
THANKS GUYS

I configures my cam with RTSP connection to the NVR.

I just thought it would have been possible to connect like a classic HIK camera in order to be able to use the sensor or the button to trigger actions on the NVR.

mpking828

n3wb
Reaction score
So looking at your picture I gather each individual wire is wrapped in the cloth jacket. I bet that is some good wire if it is copper. If it were me I would keep it, you just may have to tone it out to identify where it goes New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera, toners are cheap now a days, I paid over $100 for my Fluke (#3) back in the day. But if it is aluminum definitely replace it, hard to tell in pic. If you do get Bell wire, be sure and think of distance and get the correct gauge.
The wire itself is good. I was more referring to the method they used to do the connections. (Stapling on the main house beam). I'll replace with proper wirenuts. I'll probably still replace all the wiring anyways, as I wanted to move where the junctions are made, I eventually want to finish the basement, and the existing junction is in the area I want to finish.

You have two existing Doorbell Buttons, correct and only one Chime? If so a 30va transformer should work fine. But if both Doorbell buttons are pressed at the same time, which what are the odds of that, then it does not hurt to go with a 40va trans. Most of us use a 30va trans. for one Smart Doorbell. If it were me I would use both power kits, one for each Doorbell. The power kit regulates power to the Chime from the Doorbell when the Button is pressed.
Yes, two Doorbells, one Chime. I don't think I'll get two rings at once.

I planned on using both power kits, but figured I'd ask.

elvisthedj

n3wb
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, installed it today and apparently bricked it two hours later. :( Tried to install the Nelly's FW using Batch Config...said successful, then the DB went offline after reboot (I figured the FW wiped the wifi info since it never came back). Went outside; red ring around the db now. Pulled power for an hour (red ring died). Applied power and red ring instantly comes on. I tried the reset button (figured I had nothing to lose), but it doesn't function. Tomorrow I will try to put the RCA firmware on SD to see if that works...any other suggestions would be appreciated.

croustx

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI, the Friedland D3126 is compatible.

But you need to change the power adapter. The one provided is too weak.

You also need to only use the left pins.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got mine yesterday, installed it today and apparently bricked it two hours later. :( Tried to install the Nelly's FW using Batch Config...said successful, then the DB went offline after reboot (I figured the FW wiped the wifi info since it never came back). Went outside; red ring around the db now. Pulled power for an hour (red ring died). Applied power and red ring instantly comes on. I tried the reset button (figured I had nothing to lose), but it doesn't function. Tomorrow I will try to put the RCA firmware on SD to see if that works...any other suggestions would be appreciated.
You are the second new RCA owner with this problem:

I just bought the RCA version and tried to flash Nelly's firmware on it using the batch config. It said it was successful and was rebooting but this actually bricked the camera.

The doorbell button is solid red, reset button does nothing as well as power cycling. I tried loading the digicap.dav file directly onto a reformatted (FAT32) SD and rebooting in hopes that it would load the firmware as some others have suggested and still no change in behavior. Anyone else run into this issue or have some suggestions on what else to try?
Sent it back and installed the EZVIZ with Nelly

Sent the RCA back for an EZVIZ and put LaView 190625 build on it. Working great in the app but I haven’t used blue iris in years and only played around with it a short period back then anyways. I’m really not sure if Onvif is working or not but I see the image.
Not sure what is going on here, but in order to help we need to know which firmware version you had on your RCA before you upgraded to Nelly's. We have had Many here with RCA firmware build 190124 upgrade to both LaView and Nelly's. Our thought is RCA has a new firmware that we are not aware of that may be causing these problems/bricks...Let us know if the SD-Card firmware works. This is from a Hikvision Video Intercom Doorbell, hopefully it will work for you, download RCA's firmware and rename it to digicap.dav and put it in the root directory of your SD-Card, restart.

RCA (HSDB2):
(Jan 30, 2019) Build 190124

1579269038312.png

Last edited:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, the Friedland D3126 is compatible.

But you need to change the power adapter. The one provided is too weak.

You also need to only use the left pins.
Thank you, I added it to the Chime Compatibility list in the 101.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have placed a WARNING in the 101 for RCA Owners...

pete_c

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Best to remove the doorbell and take it inside and connect it to a spare transformer. Easier to work with this way.

Try maybe holding the reset button down while power up the device.

Wondering if RCA is locking the device to only utilizing their firmware?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Best to remove the doorbell and take it inside and connect it to a spare transformer. Easier to work with this way.

Try maybe holding the reset button down while power up the device.

Wondering if RCA is locking the device to only utilizing their firmware?
Something is happening, I just found a third person that posted the same thing, all are new RCA owners. We did not hear back from acmonster but rkulp89 sent back his RCA.

WARNINGS:
⦁ IF YOU JUST RECENTLY (End of 2019 or 2020) PURCHASED A RCA (HSDB2A) DO NOT UPGRADE TO ANOTHER FIRMWARE (LaView or Nelly's) until we solve this issue, If you could share with us what firmware build your RCA came with it would help us.
- acmonster - rkulp89 - elvisthedj

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't let your Return time period pass. So far from my search, No One (2 other RCA Owners in this Thread) has gotten past the Solid Red Ring issue. If you do fix, please keep notes to what measures you took so we can help others. Thank You.