New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Got the POE doorbell in today and have it hooked up on my workbench trying to configure. Im no where near as technically proficient as most of you guys on here... Ive read this entire thread twice now and my head hurts just trying to understand some of the concepts and hacks you guys discuss lol. So this is where Im at now and hoping for some assistance. I have the POE version with firmware V3.0.0.1459_22102808. I initially hooked it up to the POE switch all my other cams are connected to and couldnt access it so I used the app and connected to it instead. After that I got access to the webgui and added the protocols you guys discussed and changed the IP address to a static one in line with my other cams. I was able to add it to Blue Iris with my other cams and have it using RTMP which after reading your posts looks like its the preferred protocol? My problem now is I cant figure out how to access it with the android phone app so I can use the two talk part of it. I deleted it and tried adding it back several different ways but cannot access it with the app. Can anyone tell me how to do so? Also wanting to add it to my Ipad we keep in the living room. I have our old Dahua doorbell set up to where I can access it on both my phone and my Ipad to answer the door via the DSS app...is it possible to have the Reolink software setup on more than one device also so it can be answered from either? TIA........
I have never used their App, so you can add it but no video (access)?

Do you have WiFi turned On on your phone? Are you in the same subnet as the camera? Try turning off WiFi on your phone so you are only using Cell Service...

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have never used their App, so you can add it but no video (access)?

Do you have WiFi turned On on your phone? Are you in the same subnet as the camera? Try turning off WiFi on your phone so you are only using Cell Service...
Thats how I initially connected the doorbell with those instructions...then changed the ip address. I use zerotier as my vpn of sorts. That way when I access BI on my phone (also has Zerotier installed) it acts as if Im on my local LAN instead of outside if that makes sense... so after I got the DB setup I changed the ip address to one of the ips in the same series and subnet as my other cams and am able to access it via BI now. When I went back to the Reolink app it no longer could access the DB so I deleted and tried to add back, but using the UID or IP doesnt work and if I choose LAN it says its not connected to wifi... I havent tried scanning the barcode again as I was afraid that might change the ip address again...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats how I initially connected the doorbell with those instructions...then changed the ip address. I use zerotier as my vpn of sorts. That way when I access BI on my phone (also has Zerotier installed) it acts as if Im on my local LAN instead of outside if that makes sense... so after I got the DB setup I changed the ip address to one of the ips in the same series and subnet as my other cams and am able to access it via BI now. When I went back to the Reolink app it no longer could access the DB so I deleted and tried to add back, but using the UID or IP doesnt work and if I choose LAN it says its not connected to wifi... I havent tried scanning the barcode again as I was afraid that might change the ip address again...
Sorry for my ignorance on the App, are your trying to connect to your DB via your VPN?

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance on the App, are your trying to connect to your DB via your VPN?
its placed behind it I think so...I downloaded the Reolink desktop app to my BI pc which is behind the firewall and I can access the doorbell with it... Im sorry Im not really technicially proficient so probably not explaining it clearly...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its placed behind it I think so...I downloaded the Reolink desktop app to my BI pc which is behind the firewall and I can access the doorbell with it... Im sorry Im not really technicially proficient so probably not explaining it clearly...
When I referred to App I was referring to phone App. I would go back and start over. Focus on getting the phone App back talking to the DB. Either remove the IP or do a reset. Get that working on your phone (without being connected to your local network, Cell Service Only and No VPNs)
Once that is connected I would play with changing the IP and connecting it to BI. If we are on the same page about you running your own VPN Server and connecting to BI/Cameras via VPN then you can make sure the DB IP is available to connect to through your VPN tunnel.

HTH

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I referred to App I was referring to phone App. I would go back and start over. Focus on getting the phone App back talking to the DB. Either remove the IP or do a reset. Get that working on your phone (without being connected to your local network, Cell Service Only and No VPNs)
Once that is connected I would play with changing the IP and connecting it to BI. If we are on the same page about you running your own VPN Server and connecting to BI/Cameras via VPN then you can make sure the DB IP is available to connect to through your VPN tunnel.

HTH
yes I was referring to the phone app as well. I originally had it setup on the phone app. But couldnt access with BI.. so used webpage to login and change IP address. Then I was able to add to BI.. so your saying start all over again? I think I may have bit off more than I can chew lol

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes I was referring to the phone app as well. I originally had it setup on the phone app. But couldnt access with BI.. so used webpage to login and change IP address. Then I was able to add to BI.. so your saying start all over again? I think I may have bit off more than I can chew lol
I was just thinking, get it working first on your phone App as you did (test 2-way audio), see what IP it gets assigned from your router's DHCP server. I would ping the DB from your BI PC, makes sure that works, then you can change IPs.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was just thinking, get it working first on your phone App as you did (test 2-way audio), see what IP it gets assigned from your router's DHCP server. I would ping the DB from your BI PC, makes sure that works, then you can change IPs.
I know Im butchering this all up... I reset the db... disconnected my phone from wifi and vpn... and tried to add db back... now it was disconnected from BI and couldnt add it with the phone via app. So I guess the ip address I assigned to it stuck even after resetting. No matter what I did I couldnt access db to set it up on cellular only. I turned on wifi and it found it again even with vpn off on phone and added it phone. I can access the db via the app only with wifi on though now...not sure what to do ...somehow reset the ip address but to what? Then remove from phone and add back again?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I know Im butchering this all up... I reset the db... disconnected my phone from wifi and vpn... and tried to add db back... now it was disconnected from BI and couldnt add it with the phone via app. So I guess the ip address I assigned to it stuck even after resetting. No matter what I did I couldnt access db to set it up on cellular only. I turned on wifi and it found it again even with vpn off on phone and added it phone. I can access the db via the app only with wifi on though now...not sure what to do ...somehow reset the ip address but to what? Then remove from phone and add back again?
What does your router show as the IP for the DB? If the DB kept your previous IP you gave it after reset, you will need to go back in the DB through the Web or Client and turn RTMP or RTSP back On for BI to see it.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So after rereading your message, what I would do is get to the DB via the Web or Client from your PC, go to network settings and remove the IP you set, make sure it is set to DHCP. Reboot the DB and let your router assign an IP to the DB. I would go into your router and make note of the assigned IP or you can see it in the Web or Client for the DB. Readd the DB to the phone App, chk if the 2-way audio works for you. You could check if you can get to it via your VPN, your VPN Server needs to have the subnet available of the assigned IP.
If all of the above works, I would then see if you can Ping the DB from your BI PC, if so, you should be able to add the DB to BI as long as RSTP or RTMP is turned On in the DB.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
its already added back to Blue Iris... but im full circle back to the REOLINK phone app cant access unless Im connected via WIFI
and it also wont let me enable push notifications

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes its the original IP I assigned to it
Since you had the phone App working prior to changing this IP, I would remove the IP, do not reset the DB so RTSP and RTMP setting s don't go back to Off (default), so make sure DHCP is set in the DB then I would add the DB back to your phone and get that back working again. Find out what IP gets set by your router on the DB and we can go from there.

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you have two gateways (Router and or Access Point?) same subnet...
no I just have one router/modem from ATT... thats the .254 listed above I have a POE switch connected to it... and thats what the doorbell is plugged into. And yes I am able to access the gateway from the BI PC

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
no I just have one router/modem from ATT... thats the .254 listed above I have a POE switch connected to it... and thats what the doorbell is plugged into. And yes I am able to access the gateway from the BI PC
So what is the 192.168.1.1, is that the IP of your POE switch?