New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just curious why people run this on RTMP vs RTSP on BI - I have mine (POE) via RTSP and works just fine...
For me, with RTSP the audio would get consistently more and more out of sync. RTMP (as suggested by another poster) fixed this problem for me.
I got mine in June, couldn't get RTSP to work so RTMP has been running with no hiccups almost 5 months.
There my be a f/w change since that corrects that but I ain't gonna try and fix something that ain't quite broke.....yet. :cool:

This is my system info:

reolink_doorbell_side_to_IPCT.jpg

Last edited:

BORIStheBLADE

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok ran into a weird issue yesterday. I power cycled my att router/modem and this doorbell camera wouldn’t connect to my access point. I ended up having to power cycle the doorbell to get it connected to my access point.
This door bell is connected to a hardwired access point that was still up and running when so unplugged the modem.

Anyways….Carry on!

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got my new reolink setup today... very happy.. massive upgrade from my Ezviz DB1.... EXCEPT for ONE massive thing.... this is lack of WDR..... it's actually quite disappointing.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got my new reolink setup today... very happy.. massive upgrade from my Ezviz DB1.... EXCEPT for ONE massive thing.... this is lack of WDR..... it's actually quite disappointing.
Can this be done via SW? I.e. could be added vie a FW update, hopefully Reolink will do this, would be great. Also agree would be great to have this.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can this be done via SW? I.e. could be added vie a FW update, hopefully Reolink will do this, would be great. Also agree would be great to have this.
I hope so.... it seems like such an important function as faces are soo dark due to the brighter background.

joshwah

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone worked out how to get notifications when the doorbell is pressed? I would have thought it would have a similar function to the ring doorbell or EZVIZ DB1 where when the button is pressed, it would popup allowing you to answer the door?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@TonyR Initially, I tilted my Reolink down but realized the benefit of a slight tilt up --- which is a higher chance of catching face image when person is right in front of the door. The Reolink is mounted at 4ft height.

I have another camera for packages.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@TonyR Initially, I tilted my Reolink down but realized the benefit of a slight tilt up --- which is a higher chance of catching face image when person is right in front of the door. The Reolink is mounted at 4ft height.

I have another camera for packages.
Funny but I found the same thing, I played with tilting mine down and found anyone 6 foot or taller their head was cut in half when they were too close to the doorbell.

gsxwezrhw

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have a n00b question:

I recently bought a lorex nvr since I was gifted a few lorex cameras. I bought the reolink doorbell to go with it, because I figured hooking up another POE camera would be easier than setting up doorbell wires. I also found that the two should play nicely together since they can use the onvif protocol.

When I plug the reolink doorbell into the nvr, it turns on but when I use "device search" on the lorex NVR it won't show up. When I tried to manually add a camera, it says it requires an IP address. Is there anyway to get the camera's IP without having to buy a poe injector?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I have a n00b question:

I recently bought a lorex nvr since I was gifted a few lorex cameras. I bought the reolink doorbell to go with it, because I figured hooking up another POE camera would be easier than setting up doorbell wires. I also found that the two should play nicely together since they can use the onvif protocol.

When I plug the reolink doorbell into the nvr, it turns on but when I use "device search" on the lorex NVR it won't show up. When I tried to manually add a camera, it says it requires an IP address. Is there anyway to get the camera's IP without having to buy a poe injector?
Not sure why ReoLink defaults ONVIF to Off but you will need to turn that On before your NVR will see it. In order to do that you will need to setup the ReoLink first without your NVR which will require either a POE injector/POE Switch or a doorbell transformer or likes of to Power up the doorbell.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. At least PoE injectors are pretty cheap.
Yes, if it's the POE version; if it's the Wi-Fi version it comes with a 24VDC wall wart to power the camera (before you connect to the doorbell transformer) and you use the Ethernet port to configure the doorbell.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got mine in June, couldn't get RTSP to work so RTMP has been running with no hiccups almost 5 months.
There my be a f/w change since that corrects that but I ain't gonna try and fix something that ain't quite broke.....yet. :cool:

This is my system info:

View attachment 177590
I have the POE one, diff FW.
1699986013609.png
I did get a wifi one, haven't had the time to play with it too much yet and not currently hooked up.

gsxwezrhw

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info. At least PoE injectors are pretty cheap.
update: i got poe injector today, modified some settings (watermark and onvif) and installed the camera. After this the camera was discoverable by my lorex nvr. it does however load a lot slower than the other cameras in the lorex app. Is this due to the camera itself, the protocol, both, or something else entirely? Overall impressions are good, but it seems like I can't set motion zones or use other features. I will probably hold off on buying a second for my other door for the time being...would be nice if lorex just made a poe doorbell.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Been playing with my WiFi Doorbell version at our new house. The existing doorbell button is mounted a bit low so we will see. I may need to patch the hole and raise it once I mount.
Slowly getting my network back up. Had to set a DMZ on the Windstream Modem/Router to connect my pfSense Router to. Did not mess with Bridging since I do not have the password. So far got three switches back up along with my WAP...