New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Reaction score
By thew way, is there any benefit to add a 256 microsD if i have the camm connected o a NAS?, i mean is it capable of recording in the MicroSD and streaming at the same time?

thank you!

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
By thew way, is there any benefit to add a 256 microsD if i have the camm connected o a NAS?, i mean is it capable of recording in the MicroSD and streaming at the same time?

thank you!
Only benefit that I know is it is a Backup if you have the CAM recording to a NAS. If something happens to your NAS/NVR or it is stolen, you have a backup of motion detection video, depending on how you have it set up to record on your SD-Card.

I have SD-Cards in all my CAMs. Actually have 2 CAMs left at our old house that we are selling and a POE switch to provide them power, they record to the SD-Card motion events...the house has no Internet or any network equip.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two of these arrived, and they fail to pair with my doorbells, so I'm returning them.

My amazon ones are also useless to me, so I'm returning 4 chimes in total. ‍♂
Interesting read:

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Two of these arrived, and they fail to pair with my doorbells, so I'm returning them.

My amazon ones are also useless to me, so I'm returning 4 chimes in total. ‍♂
I am looking for v2 owners a 915 RF solution:

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found this 915 MHz doorbell receiver for $20:

1715656539503.png

They actually have a bunch of 915 MHz stuff, but this was the cheapest one:

I sent them an email asking if they have any information about interoperability with Reolink doorbell cameras.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I sent them an email asking if they have any information about interoperability with Reolink doorbell cameras.
They replied with,

Good afternoon. The LRA-VPRX is only compatible with other products in LRA wireless 'family' so it would not be compatible with the Reolink doorbell. Our other wireless systems operate at 433 Mhz so even though I do not think they would be compatible either, they would operate off of a different frequency.
For $20 I think I might just try one, and then return it if it doesn't work.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well, had some Electricians doing some work for me, also pulling Ethernet Cable, they tried several ways to get Ethernet to our Doorbell, no go. Only way would be to cut out sheetrock. Pretty sure the wife will not let me do that on our new home. So it is WiFi for me...where we live we don't get much traffic, in almost a year we only had one solicitor, at our old house we would get a couple a week.

Last edited:

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is becoming my personal doorbell blog :lol:

The bundle also lists the LRA-DCRXS as a compatible receiver, and that's only $35.

I've emailed to confirm that the LRA-DCRXS runs on 915 MHz.
Hey we are with you on your journey, if successful it will help others with the newer version 2 Doorbells who want to add more Chimes...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I showed the wife the sheetrock that would need to be cut out to get an Ethernet cable to the Doorbell, she said, wait for it...

NO WAY!!!

Haha...

We had the inside of the house painted before we moved in, and this is at the front entrance so the sheetrock repair would need to be perfect for her...

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can patch anything!!!!! That’s been my mantra since I ran my first home Ethernet, 25 years ago.
My floating is very ruff...plus will have to repaint the wall, it won't be too bad though it has a door in the wall, lol

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This is becoming my personal doorbell blog :lol:

The bundle also lists the LRA-DCRXS as a compatible receiver, and that's only $35.

I've emailed to confirm that the LRA-DCRXS runs on 915 MHz.
It's getting more complicated. Here's the summary of a series of emails with 1800Doorbells:

When the manufacturer changed the programming, the LRA-DCRX and LRA-DCRXS were upgraded, the LRA-VPRX was not part of that. There are currently two different models of LRA components, the 'L' series (newer programming) and the 'non L' series. We have run out of the LRA-DCRX and LRA-PBTX's in the 'non L' series. All LRA products currently available on our Safeguard Supply Amazon site are compatible with one another and the LRA series does run on 915 Mhz.
I asked to confirm, "Do both the -L and the non-L series all run on 915 MHz? But are they incompatible with each other? e.g. -L to non-L?"

and received:

Yes, they both run on 915 Mhz, and yes, the L series and non L series are incompatible with one another. Thank you,
So it's possible that our Reolink 915 MHz camera units might be compatible with the older non-L, or the newer -L, or neither. Which makes this more expensive to test.

edit: it looks like the non-L is no longer being sold on either 1800Doorbells nor on their amazon page. The factory page listed above has "LRA-DCRXS" in the URL and the product title, but the SKU below that reads "LRA-DCRXS-L". Amazon has only the LRA-DCRXS-L. So there's only one thing to test.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
FYI, this on amazon says it's compatible with the LRA-DCRXS-L and its spec's to be 915 in the image below so to me that firms it up that the LRA-DCRXS-L is 915:
Good find! I just ordered a set directly from 1800Doorbells. In retrospect I should have ordered from amazon, but I saw the slightly lower price and forgot that the amazon price includes free ship and return.

Everyone cross your fingers!!!