New router, No signal from cameras.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this will probably be something simple but have just upgraded to another hub ( three sim broadband uk) but now have no signal to my cams. Presumably the ip address has changed. Been into the router settings and the old ip addresses are there without any label. Anyone help?
Running Blue Iris 4

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
For clarity you are only having issues accessing cameras, and accessing BI is not a problem?

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, everything else works, I get message 'No Signal' Error 8000274c

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you configure static IP addresses to your cameras prior to adding them to BI?

If not, most likely the new router has assigned different IP addresses to the cameras.

Also, double check all the cable connections to the cameras... when swapping out routers/switches it is easy to overlook some wires being firmly seated in their ports

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its quite a few years since I originally set them up. I think you are right they have probably been assigned new addresses, but how to find now there is no signal. The router is a ZTE MF286D, ive been into that for connected devices but not much help for a laymen. cables seem okay. I think I did re static addresses

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Might be the perfect opportunity to configuring them with static IP's. What make and model cams?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try running config tool to see if you can see them, then if you can see them, modify ips accordingly. Or you can log into router/lan and adjust its dhcp to match the old router.

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I know this will probably be something simple but have just upgraded to another hub ( three sim broadband uk) but now have no signal to my cams. Presumably the ip address has changed. Been into the router settings and the old ip addresses are there without any label. Anyone help?
Running Blue Iris 4
Fist thing you do is power down all the cameras, then configure the new router's networking the same as the one you are replacing, then power back on the cameras after establishing the network with the new router.
You must power down the cameras so it can refresh its networking table. Otherwise, its going to look for a device at that ip address that doesn't have the same mac address and not communicate.

NOTE: On some cameras when you do this out of order, it will reset the camera's networking to the cam's default address, but retain the passwords stored in it.

arlobillz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
is that ipconfig from command prompt, done that, no info from that. Ive got the old router but cant connect to find out old configurations.

Tech junkie, Would disconnecting the switch from the router power down the cameras ? I set these cams up 5 years ago, so not sure how to configure router as you suggest. This router seems to have minimal settings and do not know old settings as old router will not connect to open its settings up