NEW SETUP GUIDANCE

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I currently have a 16 4mp IP POE camera system running through an NVR from Enssecurity.com (Model # ED9632H5NV-16P), two of them are 20x PTZ cameras. Everything works great except I have about 50 palm trees that extensively cover the property and cause extreme shading issues and false alerts. The NVR is set to motion record however the alerts are useless as I would have 5,000+ per day so I set up BlueIris with Sentry Smart Alerts on a spare high-end desktop to give me more accurate motion alerts. I probably have about $7500 invested into this setup (I outsourced everything) The problem is, I'm tired of running the NVR + BlueIris + Sentry and want something better that will give me a quality video and accurate detection of false alerts with better night performance. This is for a residential setup for a nerd that just wants something better.

I was looking into the 16-ch 1.5U 16 PoE 4K DeepinMind NVR as a replacement NVR and from my understanding, they would take my existing 16 cameras and make them "smart" by offering all the high-end algorithms the DVR offers. I was also looking at the 2 MP ColorVu Fixed Mini Bullet Camera (DS-2CE10DF8T-F) to replace a few cams on my driveway to hopefully get a much better night experience. I'm also interested in replacing my two PTZ cameras with something that has a really good "smart tracking" feature about 15-20x zoom with good night performance (Anyone got a model # to a good one I should research?)

I see the 4MP DeepinView Moto Varifocal Bullet Camera appear to be really nice but not sure how they are in the night compared to ColorVu. Also, would I need the DeepinMind NVR in addition to these DeepinView Camera to get the full feature, or is that simply overkill?

Looking for recommendations. The budget is around 7K for hardware. Not all cameras need an upgrade since their all 4K its mostly the cameras outside that I want better night performance and motion alerts during the day despite a complex moving shade environment present.

I just want to reiterate that my home is surrounded by 50 palm trees that swing like crazy daily throwing deep dark shadows on the ground. Less than ideal scenario which is why Im looking to spend $$$ for some better equipment.