New setup issues with Lorex bundle.

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
I switched my generic brand IP cameras to a Lorex system. The Cameras plug directly into the Lorex NVR now, instead of the POE switch I previously used. When plugged into the POE switch, blue iris detects the cameras but when plugged into the Lorex nvr blue iris doesn seem to pick them up when I scan for cameras. Can I view the cameras both through Blue Iris and the Lorex NVR simultaneously?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blue Iris will not find the cameras thru an NVR.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras.

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Yessss!!!! Thank you! I was trying to put the camera IP, didnt think to try the NVR IP. Your awesome, much appreciated! NOTE- To add the additional cameras I had to select the different Stream Profile from the Dropdown.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome! Must be a new feature with a newer NVR that BI can pull that stream instead of having to select the camera number!

aviondubzz

n3wb
Reaction score
Awesome! Must be a new feature with a newer NVR that BI can pull that stream instead of having to select the camera number!
Do you happen to know how to set the substream/mainstream for a lorex camera? I see the values are dependent of the brand.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lorex is a Dahua OEM, so it follows the same steps, just the screen will look a little different:

To get into the camera GUI from the NVR, you need to first access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer but Pale Moon will work as well) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1665607053697.png