New system requirements/questions

JayUK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologises if these questions get asked all the time, I've tried doing research but ended up going around in circles... :(

I'm after a replacement video intercom system, nothing fancy. A remote door station and an internal monitor. I have CAT6 cable running to the remote station (which is over length) and power is available at both ends. I'm contemplating an IP based system, but happy to use a 2 wire. The intercom system will interface with a gate controller via a 0v switched input (which is at the remote end)

What is the maximum distance people have run a two wire intercom? (I know the manufacturers normally state 100m max)

Ideally I am after a system that supports the control of a light as well as support for a separate IP camera. I believe some of the hikvision and dahua systems allow you to control a second lock, which could be used for a relay to control the light. But I believe that functionality is only available when you "answer" the call (I'd like the light functionality to be independent to whether some has pressed the intercom). Is it possible to change the icon for the second lock to something else?

Also, do both those brands allow you to continuously have the displays set to monitor/live view, such that they are constantly displaying the video feed?

Do any of them allow an external ringer to be connected to the indoor monitor?

Thanks for your help,
J.