New to BI

Elgato54

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just installed BI on a Third Gen I7 and it runs great. With one camera streaming and a remote connection CPU is at 30%. If it works out I will upgrade the PC.

Local network connection with a browser works fine. Are management and setup options limited unless you are on the console?

I connected with Chrome on an Iphone and it is not too impressive. Half the screen is menu and settings. Did not see a way to go full screen.

The BI app for Iphone is $9.99. Is it worth it? Is it significantly better than connecting with a browser. $9.99 for every user?

FYI, it appears that many things do not work well with Firefox. It seems to prefer Chrome or Edge.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
In FF a number of the buttons are missing here on the desktop Win 10 system. Try Edge in Internet Explorer mode. Or if available IE 11. But MS is working very hard to make sure that IE 11 goes away!!

Make sure to use both a main stream and sub stream in BI. Have 11 cameras running on Windows 10 on BI with CPU at 2%-3%.

Have no experience with the phone app. Perhaps someone else will chime in with their first hand knowledge with that app.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The UI3 works best with Chrome.

I have both the paid app and UI3 and use UI3 99.9% of the time.

You can move things around to minimize the menus.

I actually only go into the BI app to reset the alerts in the app so that they aren't so large on the app. It doesn't impact BI on the computer, but can slow the app down.

The only reason to buy the app would be for cameras with two-way talk and push notifications.

I have two way talk cameras and used the BI push for awhile but found the Pushover app to be better as the BI app would need either forwarded ports or VPN on while away to get the image with the push. Pushover app sends images regardless of whether connected to VPN or not.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Management and setup options are limited unless your on the Console.
you need to get things tuned/tweaked in there 1st.

Swampledge

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the BI app on iOS is well worth the $10, but everyone’s perception is different. I have an instance of Chrome that automatically opens UI3 showing all my cams maximized which is nice for a quick check of “right now,” but I find the iOS app preferable if I want to see what happened what happened several minutes ago. The majority of my BI use is through the app, but I prefer the console for more Intensive interaction.

I would also say don’t sell your current machine short. I’m running 7 cameras on a 2nd gen i7, including DeepStack CPU on 1 or 2 (depending on time of day) and have no issues.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I connected with Chrome on an Iphone and it is not too impressive. Half the screen is menu and settings. Did not see a way to go full screen.
You can open UI3 "maximized" with the following URL's, the second one includes your login's "username" and "password".

Code:
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?maximize=1
http://BI-Server-IP:BI-Server-Port/ui3.htm?maximize=1&user=username&pw=password
For the latter URL, insure that under BI's "Settings" => "web server" => "Advanced" that "Use secure session keys and login page " is UN-checked.

Lastly, in your iPhone insure that your screen rotation is unlocked so you rotate the phone to horizontal to fill the screen with nothing but your cams. I tested my URL on a PC then I e-mailed that URL to my iPhone so i didn't have to type all that in. Then you can save that URL as a "shortcut" on your home screen if you like.

Last edited: