New to dash cams.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I am looking to be able to record front and rear facing, and possibly inside of the car. It would be nice to be able to rotate the camera to the side windows in case of police interaction. I'm not hard set on anything, I've been watching some review videos and stuff and getting a feel for the types of features dash cams come with. What is the current setup everyone likes? It could be two of the same camera, or a dual channel setup, don't really care. Would be nice to be able to view things on a smart phone. Price range, have not totally decided, but the deductible in a wreck that is your fault is $500 so 300-400 is not out of the realm, for that much it better be a two camera setup though. Thanks for any direction anyone can give. If it matters my car is a small 4 door.

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi, I have this model fitted to one of our cars... F770 | THINKWARE Dash Cam with front and rear cameras. There is no LCD view on these devices it's all accessed from an app on the phone / tablet. It also has GPS and parking motion mode. Basically when your car is parked up and if somebody where to crash into it and run off it records about 10 secs before the crash and about a 1 min after so in theory you should catch plates etc, unless they hit you side on I guess. But if you really wanted you could mount 2 of these and have 360 coverage (a lot easier with two door cars as mounting could be tricky with 4 door)

margnotis

n3wb
Reaction score
Brand new garmin mini 2 turned off 10 minutes into the first use, i was driving and the light flashed green then it powered off, ive tried taking the sd card out and re plugging it in and i cant get it to power on at all router login 192.168.l.l.link/ . Im using the power cord that came with it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited: