New to Hikvision have a few issues (connect app, motion detection)

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All

So i`ve recently purchased a DS-2CD2347G2 turrent cam, i had a dahua turret previously. I absolutely love the new camera, software,etc it feels very fast and quality is great but i have a few issues that i cant find the answers for,I spent about 3 hours setting it up yesterday. So if anyone can help with a few questions i have it would be appriciated.

1/ Motion detection.I would like to mainly sense for human traffic as i live on a busy road i only want it to sense in our front drive way and not out on the street. I want continuous recording to camera local storage and also to my qnap nas qvr but also give me alerts for human motion, to the hikvision connect mobile app. I`m confused by all the basic event, smart event, face detection, line crossing and which is best to use. And also the hikvision connect seems to have its own motion detection settings which seem to be independent. Can i have it so that the camera just sends notifications to hikvision connect and bypass the apps notifications? but still alert me to visitors?

2 / Also From the playback screen on the camera all i have is continuous playback, with my Dahua i could see alarm as well as continuous. Is that possible with the hikvision? At the moment its impossible to find alerts on the camera software.

1609581156897.png

Thanks in advance
Paul

Attachments

Last edited:

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1/ Motion detection.I would like to mainly sense for human traffic as i live on a busy road i only want it to sense in our front drive way and not out on the street. I want continuous recording to camera local storage and also to my qnap nas qvr but also give me alerts for human motion, to the hikvision connect mobile app. I`m confused by all the basic event, smart event, face detection, line crossing and which is best to use. And also the hikvision connect seems to have its own motion detection settings which seem to be independent. Can i have it so that the camera just sends notifications to hikvision connect and bypass the apps notifications? but still alert me to visitors?
You need to activate a smart event such as line crossing or intrusion detection. At that point click the human detection target box and the camera will only filter out humans. If you only use motion detection you will only get alerts when motion is detected aka anything that moves.

If your using Hik-Connect on your phone you will only get alerts which the camera deems acceptable. So after configuring a smart event such as intrusion you will only get a intrusion alert set off by humans through Hikconnect. You cannot set alerts in Hik-Connect.

JasonAU

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the G2 acusense Hikvision (ds-2cd2t46g2-isu) connected to my Synology NAS so not too dissimilar to your setup, I found it was best to just try each type (line crossing vs intrusion) for about a week and see how it goes, every environment will be different my end goal was 24/7 recording and smart alerts & snapshots when it detects something like a person or car.

Mine will take a snapshot when it detects the smart events so end of day I can just review them, I also get a message from synology surveillance station , below is how I had that setup

Attachments

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You need to activate a smart event such as line crossing or intrusion detection. At that point click the human detection target box and the camera will only filter out humans. If you only use motion detection you will only get alerts when motion is detected aka anything that moves.

If your using Hik-Connect on your phone you will only get alerts which the camera deems acceptable. So after configuring a smart event such as intrusion you will only get a intrusion alert set off by humans through Hikconnect. You cannot set alerts in Hik-Connect.
Thanks. The issue with Hik Connect is its using its own motion detection for alerts. If i disable it then i`m not getting any human alerts from the camera. I guess i could try clearing the motion detection area on the app and see if it still lets camera detection alerts come through.
Screenshot_20210102-094517.png

pr1970

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the G2 acusense Hikvision (ds-2cd2t46g2-isu) connected to my Synology NAS so not too dissimilar to your setup, I found it was best to just try each type (line crossing vs intrusion) for about a week and see how it goes, every environment will be different my end goal was 24/7 recording and smart alerts & snapshots when it detects something like a person or car.

Mine will take a snapshot when it detects the smart events so end of day I can just review them, I also get a message from synology surveillance station , below is how I had that setup
Thanks for the info. The synology surveillance station looks more involved than QVR on my QNAP. So is also that detection done in synology setup and not using the built in Hikvision motion detection?

JasonAU

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. The synology surveillance station looks more involved than QVR on my QNAP. So is also that detection done in synology setup and not using the built in Hikvision motion detection?
Yes that's right so I just have the synology app on my phone nothing Hikvision , the synology app lets me know when its detected something + its recoding to disk 24/7 if it missed anything I can go back & review

bobajob

n3wb
Reaction score
did you manage to get this setup on QVR Pro? i'm really struggling.... i can't get it working Via ONVIF or generic Hikvision (only v1 of the camera is supported.....)

Reaction score
I have a Hikivision camera , QVR Pro will down my camera resolution if I pick qvr pro as the detector. If i put camera as a detector, how in the camera can send the motion notifications to my qvr pro client in my phone? Please advise.