New to IP Cam

Cybirian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just joined this forum, mainly of course to get answers on issues :)

Languages: Dutch, German, English
Job: Web Server Administrator

I'm using 4 Sinocam 1MP HD WIFI Outdoor cameras and 1 older Indoor PTZ cam
Software: Blue Iris 4 installed on my Windows 2008 Server

The Sinocams are good during day time and bad in complete darkness, but working fine with a bit of light.
With the 4 cams there was a NVR, thats really fun.....
When the cams connected with cable the NVR can see them but on wifi end powered down for a few minutes they can be found.

lojix

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Cybirian,
Welcome to IPCT. As a Web Server Admin, I'm assuming you have managed some troubleshooting with your network and may have eliminated other devices on your network as being the cause? I am not familiar with Sinocam devices myself, and hopefully others here having any experience with Sinocam might be able to chime in... If you haven't done so already, try disconnecting everything on the network and leaving only one cam and the necessary devices to connect to it and see if there is any difference. It might point you in the right direction as to the problem being physical (device, interference, connection, bandwidth etc.), or it being a config issue (router settings/AP setting, cam config, NVR config etc).

Cybirian

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi loijx,

Yès I shutdown almosr everything!
Seems I got it now.
Connect camera with cable.
Unchecked option 'Auto Add' in general menu.
Setuo cam for wifi using PC.
Disconnect çable from camera.
NoW it seems working, still have place the cameras and the NVR at their final location.