New toys to play with Lonnky 8-LED IR flood light.

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Picked these up on the bargain. Came with 2x 90 degree IF illuminators with swivel mounts and 12V DC transformers. Will most likely not use the power adapters but will use 5.5mm x 2.1mm male to male connector and power off camera. Like to mount minimum 4ft from camera to avoid flying insect motion recordings. Can get away with using lights on cams in winter as I'm north but have to shut off led cam lights come summer when insects are out in droves. Been using led 8w standard household yellow bulbs which have built in ambient light sensors where possible possible. Found these IF illuminators do the trick when no local power outlet or light fixture is available.Lonnky.jpg

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have powered off the camera on another location successfully. Found this easier not having to run a seperate 2 pair power line.
I've recently started playing with POE splitters to power two cameras off of one cable from the NVR.

Are you using the same to power the IR illuminators?

And how is the spread on these? Is it really 90 degrees like they say? Most Amazon reviews of IR illuminators say it's far less than the 90 degrees stated.

I'm installing a PTZ and need to illuminate about 270 degrees in IR. I'd like to install 3 illuminators max.

Cheers

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've recently started playing with POE splitters to power two cameras off of one cable from the NVR.

Are you using the same to power the IR illuminators?

And how is the spread on these? Is it really 90 degrees like they say? Most Amazon reviews of IR illuminators say it's far less than the 90 degrees stated.

I'm installing a PTZ and need to illuminate about 270 degrees in IR. I'd like to install 3 illuminators max.

Cheers
Same, powering off single port of Hikvision POE switch on one and direct to wall on other with no issues.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have powered off the camera on another location successfully. .
So you're using a POE splitter at the POE cam to also provide 12VDC to the IR emitter?
Sorry for the 3rd degree, just wanting to insure I know what it is you are doing. :cool:

Redbone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So you're using a POE splitter at the POE cam to also provide 12VDC to the IR emitter?
Sorry for the 3rd degree, just wanting to insure I know what it is you are doing. :cool:
Used a 5.5mm x 2.1mm male to male connector. Camera and IR illuminator have female 5.5mm x 2.1mm cables. Cam provides power to IR.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Same, powering of single port of Hikvision POE switch on one and direct to wall on other with no issues.
Nice. Thank you.

Amazon has some 12V 2A POE splitters. Looking at using one of those attached the POE Splitter/Extender in the above link to power 2 1A IR illuminators. Saves a lot of cabl
Any idea how much wattage can be drawn through the camera? I'd never considered that the 12v connector would be live if the camera is powered via POE. That's quite the workaround!

I was looking at doing the following:

Using a POE Extender:

Using a POE splitter to get 12V off the extra port:

And then wiring up 2 illuminators via a 12v splitter:

More connections than yours but I'm going to be powering at least 2 illuminators plus a camera off the same NVR port. My ports are good for 25.5W so I have excess. The limiting factor in this setup is the POE splitter. Can't find one of 2 amps.