New US version DS-2CD2532F-IS. Upgrade firmware?

Phirenze

n3wb
Reaction score
Just received today from B&H Photo. US version / firmware / box. Firmware version on the back of camera says V5.2.0. Also states the same firmware version in the configuration screen.

The problem is I can't get audio to work. I've read here that 5.2 is likely the problem. Although most of those were downgraded from the Chinese version. Mine was not. I've also read here that upgrading Hikvision firmware is risky. Some are quite passionate about this!

Should I upgrade?
What is the latest version?

I found a link to 5.3 (http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/download_89.html) and tried to register but clicking the link in my email to activate my account gives the message:

Account created

Unable to activate this account does not exist!

WT?? That doesn't make sense. Anyway that is another issue. Maybe someone can post the latest 2xx2 version here if I can't logon? :)

Thanks for your help and advice.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@PhirenzeWelcome to the forum. You will have no problem upgrading the firmware on a camera purchased from BandH...the issue is only with china region cameras. Yours is not.
Your problem is likely not firmware related though. First go to your cameras settings, under basic or advanced configuration, select video/audio...then under video type, make sure it says video&audio not just video stream.
You dont need any passwords to get the latest firmware. Go to the us hikvision site. http://www.hikvision.com/en/us/download.asp

Phirenze

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @fenderman. I did set the video/audio to video&audio. But not after an hour of trying without that set properly. And after you mentioned it I fiddled some more and somehow it started working. And then it stopped. And then it started again. I think I have some config / router / port issues. I'm going to start another thread and post some screenshots. I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm learning though! :)

Oh and I upgraded my firmware and it went smoothly. Thanks for the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BH has it for 199 and amazon (thru HD View) has it for 164, and advice on price and choice as on goes over garage and on back of house. Property is small so I don't have to look far.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1148743-REG/hikvision_ds_2cd2532f_is_2_8mm_ds_2cd2532f_is_3mp_1080p_day_night.html

http://www.amazon.com/Hikvision-DS-2CD2532F-IS-Vandalproof-Security-Surveillance/dp/B00RCGO3PS
yes, but its not an authorized seller and it not clear if it US region or china region..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
yes, but its not an authorized seller and it not clear if it US region or china region..
Thanks I have sent a message to seller (now its AValue) asking if its US region/US firmware. I'll see their response.

Phirenze

n3wb
Reaction score
B&H is the smarter choice. For me at least. For $35 extra dollars I got a true US region firmware in a regular US retail box with warranty. I purchased an Amazon Hik camera before and it came with US firmware but downgraded from the China region version, and in a brown box. I was told to not upgrade the firmware. As I noted above I upgraded the firmware on the B&H camera with no problem at all. Seems like a no brainer to me. They don't charge tax either if you live outside NY.

MartyO

Banned
Reaction score
B&H is the smarter choice. For me at least. For $35 extra dollars I got a true US region firmware in a regular US retail box with warranty. I purchased an Amazon Hik camera before and it came with US firmware but downgraded from the China region version, and in a brown box. I was told to not upgrade the firmware. As I noted above I upgraded the firmware on the B&H camera with no problem at all. Seems like a no brainer to me. They don't charge tax either if you live outside NY.
Yes my tendency tells me what you say is true. 3MP vs 4P, why did you get the 3? thanks in advance I use BH a lot.