new user

gazza3535

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have just got a Sricam AP003 and i am having nightmare's trying to set it up, the disk that came with it is less than worthless, as i have no idea about ip adresses ect, need to find some software that does it all for you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i have just got a Sricam AP003 and i am having nightmare's trying to set it up, the disk that came with it is less than worthless, as i have no idea about ip adresses ect, need to find some software that does it all for you
Welcome to the forum..there is no software that does it all for you..at least nothing that is cheap or that works with sricam...
Note that the sricam is a junk camera and you are better off returning it...
If you want to use an ip camera you will need to learn about networking...

gazza3535

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up Fenderman, i can get so far with the software that came with it, even to managing to get a video preview and the pictures not bad, but i get to this point and can't get any further no matter what i type into the box, the user name default is admin and the password default is no password, but it just will not let me apply it, all that happens it that box comes up again with all the question marks

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no idea I have never messed with that camera...what did you pay for it?

gazza3535

n3wb
Reaction score
on the listing the seller states that ask them a question and they will get back to you in 12 hours, i think their hours are far longer than mine, i sent them an ultimatum, that if they don't get back to me tommorow, im gonna report them to ebay and leave very bad feed back, we'l see if that shortens their hours.
by the way can you recommend a reasonable priced camera, thats easy to set up

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
on the listing the seller states that ask them a question and they will get back to you in 12 hours, i think their hours are far longer than mine, i sent them an ultimatum, that if they don't get back to me tommorow, im gonna report them to ebay and leave very bad feed back, we'l see if that shortens their hours.
by the way can you recommend a reasonable priced camera, thats easy to set up

Thanks
You wont get anything good for that price....
Easy to setup is relative to your skill set...thats why we have this forum..
My suggestion is to look at something from hikvision or dahua which start at about 70USD...
What features do you need? Do you really need wifi? if you are powering the camera you can run a single ethernet to it for the same effort and power the camera using POE (the hikvision and dahua support poe)...

gazza3535

n3wb
Reaction score
in the end i just gave up with it, and bought a self contained system from Maplins, with it own bluetooth moniter, £140 for the cammera and moniter just plug them in and it works great, the moiter has a touch screen menu, and will record 100 hrs on a 32 gig sd card that fits in the moniter, easy peasy