New WD My Cloud Home issue with Blue Iris

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All,
Summary: Blue Iris "sees" the WD My Cloud Home Public share, but has it colored black, shows a question mark, and the Clips/Archiving function does not write any files there. I can manually copy or move files to the share. Any ideas?
Don

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
See network storage section of help file and multiple threads here discussing it

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
See network storage section of help file and multiple threads here discussing it
Thanks for the quick reply. The WD My Cloud Home is a new and different animal. It's not clear to me yet how this problem gets solved.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. The WD My Cloud Home is a new and different animal. It's not clear to me yet how this problem gets solved.
It's n
It's not new... It's just an nas with some gimmicky features.... The solution is clear and it's posted in The Help file and there are Specific Instructions in many threads on this forum.... Basic user error...

Don Couchman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks again. I've read the help file sections and many of the threads here. The common theme is the requirement to have the BI service account credentials match the account credentials on the NAS. No problem setting the BI service account login and password. I see no way to do that with the WD My Cloud Home. "Gimmicky features": I agree

Mel Patto

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don,
You are right the WD My Cloud Home is not a normal NAS. I have never been able to get mine to work with BI. I wound up adding a external USB 3 Drive. I know that is not the best or right way to do it but I have had no problems for over a year now. If you ever get your WD My Cloud Home to work please post the work around.